or Connect

Posts by IBJanky

After a quick spit shine, these bad boys are looking like mirrors: I'll try and wear them tonight when I go out. Let y'all know how they compare to the C&Js. myke
Quote: Originally Posted by kev777 Great pics Myke..... Been thinking about a Dark Brown Chukka with dainite for some time. The C&J 348 doesnt suit me at all so these Loakes are a runner. Any thoughts on the leather quality in comparison to the Tetburys Myke??? I'll let you know as soon as I polish them and wear them myke
Quote: Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot Those chukkas are amazing, so sleek. Thanks. I've got some C&J Tetbury chukkas too, which in my opinion, are even sleeker: Loake Pimlico on the left, C&J Tetbury on the right: myke
Just a few things over the past couple days: Flat Head F310 jeans: Loake Pimlico chukkas: Sutor Mantelassi laceup oxfords: myke
So I wanted to get a new pair of chukkas that I can take with me while traveling abroad. I've always wondered about the Loake Pimlico chukkas, but could never find real life pictures of it. The only pictures I could find were from the store websites. So I ordered a pair of Pimlicos in dark brown calf from Herring Shoes a few days ago, and they came in the mail today. Here are some pics, straight out of the box: I also have a pair of C&J...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac looks good. unsanforized will shrink like crazy. but if you can get into the crisp pair pretty easily, once they are soaked and dried, it should be fine for a slim fit. That's why Casey told me to size up to a 34. He said that if I had gone with the 33 and washed it, it would have been TOO tight. I'm thinking of hot soaking this pair tonight. myke
I'm usually hang out in the Men's Clothing section, but I needed a pair of dark jeans for more casual occasions. Now, I'm not the type of guy who has 100 pairs of jeans. I'm more of the type that only has 1 or 2 pairs. So I said to myself, why not see what all the rage about selvedge denim is all about. I rode my motorcycle to Los Angeles today to do my taxes. After a quick bite to eat, I headed out to the Self Edge store on La Brea/Beverly. I was promptly greeted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Trit I've definitely had great experiences all round with the company. At this stage in my life, as broke as I am, I can't see myself going anywhere else for shirts. Here's a couple fit pics right out of the bag with a very sloppy tie. Although the previous poster gave me a complex that my shirts aren't slim enough, this one hasn't been washed to be fair. Not bad but that shirt would look and fit a lot...
Longest I've had to wait was 3 weeks. Shortest wait was about 7 days. They just came in the beginning of this week. Just be patient, they'll come in due time myke
Quote: Originally Posted by Raoul Duke You can't fault MT for that. Most who order pick the measurements of the shirt, and MT just makes to the customer's specifications. A lot of this has to do with different tastes. I have seen how you wear your shirts, and they are extremely slim. For my tastes, and my intended purpose, I like something a little fuller. I used to be on a quest for the "perfect" fitting shirt, but I found the slimmer the...