or Connect

Posts by stylenewbie

Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto If someone is new and asks a thoughtful question, I try to answer it. Often I will provide a link if it is a topic that has been discussed at length. If someone is new and asks a question that demonstrates they haven't bothered to read anything here before posting (i.e. what are the best Kenneth Cole shoes), I will be rude. If you just expect everything to be served up to you on a silver platter without reading...
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleyBob As a fairly new member, I am very careful about what I ask and post. I haven't been roasted like some. I find some members' comments to be downright rude and insensitive. I guess my approach is, if I don't have something of value to add, I will just remain quiet. If I don't like the question, think it is stupid or redundant, before I jump in to harangue someone, I remember what my Mother used to say,"if you can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker lurk moar n00b!!!! (kidding) eh never did get the hang of leet (sp?) speak
I always assumed that one aspect of style was one's manner and actions. However I have increasingly noticed certain people insulting and sometimes doing the online version of a screaming rant when "answering" less informed member's questions or statements. It seems that the default answer for many members is along the lines of "Why're you such an idiot that you don't know *blank*" or "Do a goddamn search!" The thing is, I think many people forget that newer members have...
I bought a few blazers at STP, fabric actually seemed fairly nice, although I'm not a great judge, but they lacked hand-sewn buttonholes. Naturally they went back. However this has made me paranoid about other STP Isaia items I have bought, even though they do have hand-sewn holes. Any other ways of telling if items are outlet only?
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR Posting the thread on a second Forum does not assist its lack of clarity. Yes I lack patience Thanks for your other response, maybe I will post pictures...
Haha thanks for all the responses. But does anybody know about the thread inside the pocket? It might be unique to my suit. I already removed the basting along the outer edge so the flaps can go inside, but there's some stitching on the inner back edge that keeps the flaps from fitting smoothly. So the flaps wrinkle a bit when their tucked in. I actually cut the stitching in one pocket already, and that flap tucks in perfectly and looks exactly like a besom. I'm till...
So you're saying it's okay to remove it? I'm not talking about the stitching that keeps the outer pockets closed. It's INSIDE the pocket along one side. I can't think of what purpose it would be for, as it's so loose, possibly extra stability? I read somewhere, I believe London Lounge, that flaps were originally added on to protect against the rain, and one would tuck in said flaps when indoors. Thus I thought having the ability to tuck in pockets lent one a bit of...
Somewhat hard to explain here, but I opened up my suit pockets with the intention of tucking the flaps into the pockets. However I noticed there was loosely woven black thread on the inside side of the pocket (the pockets were sealed with white thread). This prevented the flaps from properly fitting into said pockets. Is it okay to cut and remove this thread? I'd say it's woven similarly to how the upper and lower halves of a peak lapel are stitched together. EDIT: There...
So I'm 5' 7" and was thinking of getting a solid suit with a ticket pocket. Yay or nay? I notice Fred Astaire (a fellow shorty) was fond of the ticket pocket, albiet on sportcoats not suits, and it seemed like he pulled it off well.