or Connect

Posts by BareSolid

I'm not paying four hundred and fifty quid for a hat. I could get a car for that. They have them on ebay. I might see if I can find a tape measure that'll go all the way round this head of mine.
I have a pretty big funny-shaped head. Does anyone know where I can get a decent silk topper?
I was going to get a pair of Oxfords in black and brogues in brown from that Clifford place, to tide me over until I can afford some more extravagent footwear. Would that be all right?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kingstonian Hello again on a different forum. I have Samuel Windsor shoes. I am not sure what you mean by the rain question. They have leather soles, so a rubber stick on sole would be best for rain. Some of the shoes are good, but it is best if you can see them/try them on first at their shop. If you just want an inexpensive all leather shoe then Clifford James have a black Oxford for £14.99...
Preferrably cheap, I need some cheap trousers in wool. No I do not think fifty pounds is cheap. Thanks. Oh and where the fuck do I get wool trousers in khaki ? Has anyone used that Samuel Windsor site? I think it could be snides. I just want some bloody trousers and a sports jacket for Christ's sake. Thanks ever so much.
I think a morning coat over that waistocat (or a tie in the same fabric) would look great.
Does anyone have any ideas? I saw this one at Marks & Spencer but I am worried about the narrow lapels: http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/pr...ze=9&rh=&page= If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. I am a student and even buying this would be somewhat breaking the bank, but I have had problems with eBay before and am not entirely sure whether I should be a 38R or a 40R. Thanks a bunch.
Is it also worth getting a couple of those Samuel Windsor shoes for when it rains?
Hi, I'm new here. (my my, aren't the Askandy mods harsh? I even bought his damn encyclopaedia!) OK what sports jackets are good for autumn? I take it darker colours, such as a darker olive, or grey, as well as more textured fabrics like herringbone wool would be most appropriate? As for the trousers, wool, dark? Shoes/boots? Dark suede, perhaps?