or Connect

Posts by otis

I'm close to the same size (6', 145 lbs); I think the current trend of slim fitting clothing is a good thing for us. I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe with slimmer fitting clothing. Suits are a problem OTR for me so I'm committed to MTM. For me a I like trim silhouette with a natural shoulder, with a trouser width that is not too extreme to balance it out. The Polo II suit is a good reference for me; that model with perhaps 1" more in the trouser width, and the jacket...
I found out the code is supposed to be good through July 4. Quote: some of the Congressman coats look a little short to me-- as if they're being worn that way deliberately to evoke the idea of the hand-me-down. The 40L Congressman I tried on was normal length...I agree Horace I think it's a deliberate look on the models. A little like Thom Browne though not as severe.
Quote: Does anyone have any experience with the "Congressman" suit? It's a 3-button, but somewhat hard for me to tell if it's a true 3-button, or if the lapel rolls to the second button. The lapel rolls to the 2nd button (which many would argue is a "true" 3 button , I actually just tried a jacket on in the store the other day; I'm usually a 39L but a 40L Congressman fit me like a glove...it felt great, close fit. The lapels are fairly narrow, but...
SUMMER - not sure how long it's for...good for sale and full price. edit: I found out this is supposed to be good through July 4...fyi the source is slickdeals.net, thanks to my sister for alerting me, I've since added slickdeals RSS feed to my Bloglines.
I think you're both describing the problem, the fabric folds over above the buttonhole. I do send the shirts to the laundry, but I send the ones that this hasn't happened to as well.
I have a problem with certain dress shirts where the fabric above the top button tends to roll over after a few washings, making it difficult to get the tie to sit correctly. My shirts are all either Brooks Brothers or Polo, this has never happened to any of the Polo shirts, even those years old, but happens with almost all of the Brooks. I can't tell a difference in the construction that would prevent this on one vs. the other. When I had a Brooks MTM last year, the...
Oh I thought I remembered it being in GQ not Esquire the first time around...
Oh, and in answer to the obvious question, "why would anyone go to Esquire's website?", I confess I was hoping to find an update on that train wreck currently in progress known as the Esquire's Search for the Best Dressed Real Man in America. No luck on that front though...
http://www.esquire.com/features/arti...mfe_lou_1.html This is an entertaining article by Tom Junod that I read years ago in Esquire. I was happy to see it reprinted on the site today. I don't subscribe to all of his father's advice; he's got some interesting ideas. I've thought of this article a number of times over the years and could never remember for sure if it was by Tom Junod. Finally confirmed. Enjoy.
Quote: Otis: 2 questions for you: 1) did you ever have Brooks do monograming for you on RTW shirts? They seem to be unable (or unwilling?) to do monogram anywhere except usual places. 2) where did you read the excerpt about putting monogram on front shirt tail? That's where I put my monogram (on those occasions where I have them done). Harris - I have never asked about Brooks monogramming for RTW shirts; but I have noticed their options are limited...