or Connect

Posts by Aspen20

Does anyone know if Atsui Tokyo is still in business? Their domain (atsuitokyo.com) is now a domain squatter's site, and their facebook page hasn't had an update in nearly 18 months. PS: I hate to bump such an old thread, but since this is the official thread...
Can anyone suggest a good resource for me to get acquainted with the general rules of thumb for determining whether a garment of given dimensions will fit me, i.e. general rules for how much ease is required for each dimension? I'm thinking possibly I'm looking for an introductory book on tailoring or pattern design?
Bump for price drop.
1) Black pebble gain Hanover L.B. Sheppard Signature Longwings, in nice pre-owned condition. L.B. Sheppard Signature were the top-line models from Hanover. Judging by the finer stitching in these shoes, these are better made than my AEs and Florsheim Royal Imperial longwings. I would love to keep these shoes, but they're not my size. Double soles, with minor, even wear. Some creasing on the top of the right shoe, but otherwise no marks, gouges, etc. These are size...
Quote: Originally Posted by Robert I have trouble with the rise of 514s. They feel too low. Maybe it's just because I'm used to 501s. It's not just you. I find it too low as well. Now if only I could find a decent pair of jeans with the cut (and price!) of the 514, but with the rise of the 505...
Anyone had a chance to look at these in person yet? I'm wondering which year 501 these are cut like: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4695/24695.jsp $325 for the '47 cut is ridiculous though. Yikes.
I wouldn't bother, if I were you. It's about the same as the others in terms of selection. They do have Oxxford suits, but otherwise it's slim pickings indeed.
FYI, whoever snatched these up is selling at least 2 of them on ebay now: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-1900-BROOKS-...item5ad69e276f
If anyone has a BB1 of one of these they want to sell, let me know... will gladly pay you for your time, shipping, etc.
For shirts, try H&M. Nice reasonably dressy, slim-fitting shirts that are also budget friendly. Make sure you iron them and use the collar stays. Don't wear a crew neck t-shirt undernearth - wear a v-neck of you need an extra layer. A sweater that fits well can be a nice addition too (keep your collar tucked inside the sweater....). This, along with decent shoes, will make you a step ahead of your peers without being over-the-top.