or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

The finished shoe will have the elaborate apron seam, and the reverse stitched split toe. Although, now that I've seen the way a single row of machine stitch looks, I'm thinking of having another pair done this way. Maybe a high contrast stitching.....
More updates. I was unable to travel to London for this, so Nicholas was kind enough to send my fitting shoes to Boston. Fitting this way is actually better than what occurs during short visits to the shop or during tours, because it gives you more time with the trial shoes. Nicholas used some leather scraps for these fitting pairs, but the leather was still nicer than the leather on some of my RTW shoes. Instead of using the usual "insole up in waist" to deal with my...
+1. Same for bespoke garments. This is why so many bespoke shoe and menswear firms also do RTW (see mw313 post above, which I failed to read before writing this). I'm told that in many cases, RTW keeps these firms solvent.
Edward Green.
Nope. Sadly true. JLP is even more than 6K US. Craftsmanship is higher though.
Uniqueness yes. Also, RTW that fits well will still not fit as well as bespoke, after your bespoke last has been perfected. I did not know what proper fit was until bespoke. In addition bespoke shoes are significantly lighter than their RTW counterparts, designs being equal. This has many obvious benefits.By the way, you don't need to go to the expense of JLSJ to get the benefits of bespoke.....
+1
Thanks!
Would you mind sharing some insights into the differences between UK, Japanese, and Horween shell cordovan? It seems you have experience with all three.