or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

I think we all know why.....I have the same "problem".
Several years ago I had a pair of whiskey PTBs come back looking like ravello.......
They certainly should and used to in the past. I haven't used them recently though, and I know that they are very very busy now. Some services, such as replacing outsoles with an outsole of your choosing are no longer possible.To properly repair it they would replace the heel counter which is not a big deal when the outsole is off. I'd give them a call and ask.The one thing I would be very worried about is losing the great patina on your shoe. They used to ask if you...
I'd pay it, but I guess it depends on what the alternative is.
They put the shoe on its original last while they remove and repair the outsole. This is a movie of the process at Allen Edmonds.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cT5VJmmgVMWill be very similar at Alden.
Heel sag. The shoe has lost its shape at the ankle probably b/c the previous owner didn't use shoe horns, or would take off his shoes at the desk, resting his foot on the back of the shoe. I see people do that alot.I can't tell how bad it is, but it's there. Maybe one of the makers here have input?
Last I checked it was $150- they relast, fill in cork, add a new outsole and heels, and put a new heel pad in. They also repair any loose stitching. The cost includes new trees. Probably has gone up though....
Or they have changed their policies.....
Tell me about it. Anyhow, nice shoes. I'd suggest a relast due to what's happening at the heel. Contact B. Nelson- maybe they can fix.
In the past ANY work that has been done to the outsole, including toppy or heel replacements has resulted in Alden refusing to restore or work on their shoes.