or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

Not a big deal to me either way but you have Leffot and Axel's, two top tier EG merchants telling customers to size down on the new 82 lasted shoes. Not sure why they would do so unless they love returned merchandise.....
Was definitely a 1/2 size difference for me, but perhaps not for others.
I like the look of the eyelets for sure. Good choice for that shoe. A few look a bit mangled, but perhaps that's just due to the photograph.
Happy with the fit? What's going on with the eyelets?
Who made the pigskin pair?
Well, it's a luxury item and most luxury items have awful resale values. When I take out the credit card, I try not to think about it.......
I just heard that there was a change for the 82. Not sure about the others.
Not an internet rumor. Confirmed by Steven at Leffot, who would be clued in to this. To be honest when he told me I didn't think it was an issue- he convinced me to do the try on.Also confirmed by my own feet.....
Sorry, I reread my post and the last paragraph was confusing.The 82 last Galways from 2 years ago were smaller than the Galways I tried on a month ago that were built on the new 82 last of the same size.Therefore I had to size down a half size on the new 82 lasts.
According to Steven at Leffot they simply replaced their old 82 lasts with new ones. No redesign. The original lasts got smaller over the years due to use.Not sure when the replacement happened- the last pair of 82 lasted shoes/boots I purchased were 2 years ago, a pair of Galways. A month ago, Steven suggested that I try on several sizes due to the new replacement lasts. When I did, I had to size down on a near identical pair of Galways made on the new 82 lasts.....