or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

These are over the top rude. You should be banned.
+1. They look bespoke. Esp the trees.
Dege and Skinner.
+1 on the captoes. JLP really does some beautiful work.
I had the same issue- importing made in the U.S. shoes back into the U.S. resulting in incurred brokerage fees. Was told it would be very difficult to get the fee back from the shipper, also UPS.In my case, since they acted as the broker and require COD to pay the fee, they were very unhelpful since cash was already in hand. So I ate the cost of the fee to avoid what was clearly going to be a huge hassle.
+1. Also the Alumo oxford cloth is well worth the upcharge.
I do. AND I have Mercer size down the body relative to their standard collar size. And I am not thin anymore....
The instep is similar to my other shoes, but the forefoot volume (basically height as you say) is greater in the Fosters pair that has the narrower outsole. I've tried to capture this on the below photos. Sorry for the awful iphone photos.This approach will require a little bit of tweaking b/c my small toe is rubbing a little on the sides of the new shoe, and there is increased creasing at the forefoot as you can see. The increased creasing could be due to the thinner...
Thanks my friend. I'd gladly trade my shoes for your amazing collection!
X-post I just received my first pair of Foster and Sons bespoke and am very pleased with the results. The fit is pretty good for a first pair, and their approach to fit is quite different than other London makers I've used as you can see below. Very clean outsole. Probably the cleanest I've seen from the London makers. I have a wide forefoot, and Fosters dealt with this issue, at my request, differently than Cleverley or Lobb. Fosters is on left and Lobb on...