or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

I'd pay it, but I guess it depends on what the alternative is.
They put the shoe on its original last while they remove and repair the outsole. This is a movie of the process at Allen Edmonds.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cT5VJmmgVMWill be very similar at Alden.
Heel sag. The shoe has lost its shape at the ankle probably b/c the previous owner didn't use shoe horns, or would take off his shoes at the desk, resting his foot on the back of the shoe. I see people do that alot.I can't tell how bad it is, but it's there. Maybe one of the makers here have input?
Last I checked it was $150- they relast, fill in cork, add a new outsole and heels, and put a new heel pad in. They also repair any loose stitching. The cost includes new trees. Probably has gone up though....
Or they have changed their policies.....
Tell me about it. Anyhow, nice shoes. I'd suggest a relast due to what's happening at the heel. Contact B. Nelson- maybe they can fix.
In the past ANY work that has been done to the outsole, including toppy or heel replacements has resulted in Alden refusing to restore or work on their shoes.
I think they look great as is. If they were mine, I'd ask Alden to relast/restore although they probably won't given that they have been worked on by cobblers other than Alden. If they agree to, ask them not to touch the finish.
Aside from lighter weight, why do some bespoke makers use a wood shank?
Could be considered good luck depending on one's circumstances.