or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

Last time Cleverley was in town, they showed me samples of this faux pig that is actually a stamped calf.http://www.aacrack.co.uk/annonay-pig-grain-half-calfVery soft and nearly indistinguishable from pig. Personally not a fan of "faux" but could be a good alternative.
I have both and wear the dark brown suede much more often. Goes better with "smart casual" IMO.
I ordered the outsole completely handwelted. Haven't looked carefully, but will when I get home....
Honestly, it was Skoak's fantastic pricing, and finding out that you can now get fitting shoes. Getting a fresh last made really helped with the fit, but the key was the fitting shoes.....
Thanks man. Was just wondering where you've been!
X-post. St. Crispin's custom last MTO. Went through 2 pair of fitting shoes for this, but overall the fit is very good. Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole. Very comfortable compared to other St. Crispin's I've had.
St. Crispin's custom last MTO. Went through 2 pair of fitting shoes for this, but overall the fit is very good. Went with the pegless waist and the rubber sole. Very comfortable compared to other St. Crispin's I've had.
+1. Their cutter Robert Whittaker is the reason why I buy Dege and Skinner shirts. So it's about the fit for these - quality is just average...
These are a fantastic pair of Foster and Sons Captoe Bluchers that were made for me, but were subsequently remade due to sizing issues. They were worn outside for 4 hours. 100% handmade to the highest specifications. The quality of these shoes is fantastic. Sizing is roughly size US 8.5D on the Edward Green 82 last. One minor issue that is not noticeable from the outside is that a fitting piece was added to the heel. These are visible in the photos. Asking $600 ...
I have a pair of NIB Crockett and Jones Vincent loafers for sale. They are from the hand grade line with a closed channel sole. Made of very high quality polo suede. Size 7 UK on the 363 last. This is roughly equivalent to 8D US. I bought these for the summer but they are too small. NIB, but the sole is a little marked up from walking around the house. Asking $350 shipped...