or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

According to Steven at Leffot they simply replaced their old 82 lasts with new ones. No redesign. The original lasts got smaller over the years due to use.Not sure when the replacement happened- the last pair of 82 lasted shoes/boots I purchased were 2 years ago, a pair of Galways. A month ago, Steven suggested that I try on several sizes due to the new replacement lasts. When I did, I had to size down on a near identical pair of Galways made on the new 82 lasts.....
They use Horween just like Alden. EG cordovan shoes are the cleanest with respect to construction and finishing out of any maker IMO. Excellent cordovan shoes, but you pay the price when doing MTO.In recent years, EG has used cordovan in their stock RTW line, which drives down the cost considerably. They are a great value in this case.
They were $2500. I was lucky enough to get the last slot.
Are we talking shoes made on the "new" 82 last? EG remade their 82 lasts since the old ones were getting all used up. The replacement 82 lasts are significantly bigger than the ones they replaced. As a result I sized down a half size relative to the "old" 82 lasts. Now my 82 last size is the same as my 202 last size.
I am wondering if there are significant quality differences between the two companies post split. Would particularly appreciate insights into differences between the Lotuff zip top briefcase ($680) and the original version by Frank Clegg ($850). TIA
The Ralph Lauren purple label trees that were made by EG. Not sure if these are still available, but they were a steal at under $40 on sale.
I have a sample of the Horween Zug. For what it's worth, it compares well with the Zug Galways I have. Very similar.....
Calfskin Cleverleys
It was never common, but horween pebbled cordovan is/ was definitely available. I had a pair Alden longwings made from it for example.