or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

What was the weight on this? Alden suggested that it was suiting material, but it looks more appropriate for Sport coats......
I wonder if the increase in demand is causing QC issues.
From St. Crispin to Cleverley? Issues of fit. Also, although I like the idea of cordovan for a snowboot, I think the waxed calf will be easier to take care of.
Unfortunately, no photos. I did take a peek though- no gemming!
Really looking forward to these. Have a feeling that they're going to be great! What kind of finish are you going to use?
Had a nice visit yesterday with Cleverley. Did an in welt fitting for a pair of George boots, and was shown this sample of vintage, old stock Freudenberg waxed calf. Really great leather that is similar to Horween's Chromexel, but much higher quality. Was told they only have enough for 2 pair of shoes. Going to remake this Boot I had made by St. Crispin, but with a veldtschoen construction, ridgeway sole, the waxed calf and an unlined Mehta Caterina...
Personally dislike ventless unless we're talking a tuxedo. Looks like a woman's jacket.
I would demand a refund.
I don't think a 2 shoe wardrobe is practical, especially if you live in 3 season weather. One also can't reasonably justify a 10-20 shoe wardrobe as being a necessity. One reasonable approach is to have a mix of bespoke shoes and RTW. All of my favorite shoes are bespoke, however I actually prefer to wear RTW on the weekends and while traveling. Gives the bespoke shoes time off, and it doesn't bother me if the RTW pair get screwed up somehow.
Any difference in longevity between cellastic/plastic and leather? Or initial and long term comfort? TIA