or Connect

Posts by jerrybrowne

Pretty standard. I primarily use Poole, but also use Steed.
In my experience cutters do consider themselves tailors. Most cutters work their way up through the ranks to be cutters and no longer "make". However they play a critical role that is similar to a designer and fitter, which is still part of tailoring.One thing that distinguishes cutters from coatmakers etc is that they require "front of the house" skills b/c they deal directly with the customer, take their measurements, figure out how to fix fit issues, and sell. Not...
My cutter and my coatmaker are who I consider my "tailors". Cutter b/c he knows how to make specific adjustments to my pattern in order to make the suit/sportcoat look right. Coatmaker, b/c he knows how to make/ shape the shoulders and torso (basically canvas) to fit my body the way I like. Also, most of the "tailoring" work that goes into a suit goes into the coat. To show how important the coatmaker is, the firms that I use assign a specific coatmaker to a client,...
I have a pair of NIB CIGAR shell cordovan Alden captoes for sale. They are Size 10E on the Hampton last and come with box and shoe bags. I'm asking $750 shipped CONUS.
I have a few New RRL cardholder wallets for sale. They are made of soft, high quality brown leather that is made to look a bit distressed. Tan leather inside with slots for credit cards. Can hold folded bills. Canvas lined 2.5" W. x 3.75" L. x 5.5" Asking $70 shipped CONUS.
''When I brought up the possibility of a custom run with Breanish, they told me to contact their US distributor, Jodek.Jodek showed no interest. I'm told that things are easier in Europe, however.....
I'm down, but it's really hard to get this going if you're in the US....
Beautiful shoes, but that looks like a scratch on the vamp of the left shoe. I hope it's just a trick of the eye.....
No idea what maxtonmen is, but I follow their directions;http://www.maxtonmen.com/blogs/how-to/12414357-how-to-use-saphir-omni-nettoyant
Not a fan. Single breast + peak lapel + cotton =