or Connect

Posts by aph999

Stunning $325 New Kiton 7-fold tie made with Kiton's characteristically fine twill silk in a beautiful yellow-gold-orange solid color. 59" x 3 3/8" Only $59 shipped CONUS.
Sorry I missed this topic first time around, but for those of you considering Florence for bespoke, you've got a couple Cisternino tailors as options - Rodolfo (see posts above, looks like great work) and Piero. For more on my experience with Piero you can check out my posts on 6 and 13 September '16. I'll return to him again next time I'm in Florence. I had to break up my first commission in two trips (after the first measurement) because I had only 4 days for each...
I just ordered three 7-fold ties; SartodiNapoli has been very gracious with his time in sharing the selection of silks.
My guess is you are referring to a "brushed" wool.
I love Belvest. Very nice fabrics.
No, we're going to take some day trips and spend a couple days in Taormina. I'll have to plot out our time in any event to make the most of our time there. Really looking forward to this.
Gorgeous Isaia suit in a beautiful slate blue flannel: Slim-fit Soft shoulders Flap hip pockets Dual vents Pick-stitching Flat-front pants Made in Italy 100% wool Winter-weight Soft brushed flannel hand Mint condition. Only $299 shipped CONUS. Measurements - tagged a 52 EU (42 US) but fits as a 38R or slim 40R Chest: 41" Jacket waist: 38" Shoulders: 18" Sleeves: 24.75" Length TOC: 31" Pant waist: 34.5", suspender buttons Inseam: 32" (no excess) Rise: 11" Leg...
Will be heading there in a few months, only for 6-7 days, and was hoping to find a local bespoke suit maker who could turn around first two fittings at least in that timeframe. I'm enjoying the thread on East Sicily but I won't have enough time in the Messina area. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Brand new Kiton fine cotton twill solid white dress shirt, with beautiful MOP buttons. A staple for any man's wardrobe. Only $179 $219 plus $6 shipping CONUS. (International buyers contact me for estimate) Measurements: Chest: 44" Waist: 40" Shoulders: 17.5" seam to seam across back Sleeves: 25.5"
With this special line Borrelli brings back a cherished period of fine hand made Neapolitan suitmaking into the contemporary. For you romantics, imagine yourself in 1957 walking down Madison Avenue or having just picked up your suit from Luigi Borrelli's shop in Naples strolling down the high energy thoroughfare of Spaccanapoli. This Luxury Vintage collection is based on the original designs Luigi Borrelli created in 1957. 3-roll-2 button jacket, double vented, soft...