or Connect

Posts by aph999

This beautiful, new Pratesi lawyer's briefcase came directly from a boutique in Florence, Italy. In a rich polished Brunelleschi Nutella (reddish-brown) leather. Interior ideal for laptops, tablets, and papers. Retails for $629, but yours for only $499 shipped CONUS.
Yes. Given the prior finish, it colors it very, very gradually.
I considered using Saphir Reno Mat to strip the waxes and allow for better absorption of the colored cream, but I've read that it would risk stripping some of the darker burnishing, so I've just applied few applications of a Saphir cognac polish. Will take longer because it's a very gradual change to the finish.
Thanks. Bontoni made to order. They colored them the wrong color originally so I've been gradually applying a cognac cream to them to enrich the color.
Whole lotta wholecut love
Sumptuous chocolate brown pinstripe, moderate padding.
Stunning Caruso for Adriano and Sons Charcoal Wool Flannel Chalkstripe Suit 40R 42R. Made in Italy, 3-roll-2 button, double vented jacket with ticket pocket. Single pleated, cuffed pants with split waistband and button fly closure. Tagged 52EU (42US) but sized more like a 40R. In excellent-to-mint condition. Only $299 $199 plus $19 shipping CONUS and paypal fees. Measurements: Chest: 42" Jacket waist: 40" Shoulders: 19" seam to seam across back Sleeves: 25" Length:...
Stately Bill Blass Cashmere and Wool 3-piece Suit 40R. Beautiful chocolate brown pinstripe 95% wool and 5% cashmere fabric, single vented jacket, pleated pants. Excellent condition. Only $99 plus $15 shipping CONUS. Measurements: Chest: 41" Jacket waist: 39" Shoulders: 18" seam to seam across back Sleeves: 24.5" Length: 31" BOC Pant waist: 35" Inseam: 31.5 + 1.5" cuffs Rise: 12"
Alright gentlemen, you've convinced me. Thanks for the advice.
Forgive me if this has been covered already; I didn't find a prior thread that addressed it directly. I'm considering darkening my Bontoni whole cuts, pictured below, with a bit more of a cognac tone. Can I simply strip the wax finish with Reno Mat and apply some cognac polish, followed by re-waxing? Or would the shoes have to be re-dyed? I don't need much darkening - just a bit more to enrich the coloring. Thanks in advance.