or Connect

Posts by fanofmafoofan

I, for one, am a fan of mafoofan.
Agreed on the tweed, as long as you don't want something for the year round. A mid-width, heavy black and white herringbone tweed can be worn in most any situation in cooler weather, as long as you're wearing black shoes. A similarly styled brown and black herringbone is a more versatile alternative to a plain brown because it works effortlessly with brown or black shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by zbromer Mr. Montezemolo is wearing a double-breasted suit, and the Attolini is a dinner jacket. I think Foo was referring to single-breasted odd coats and suits with double-breasted lapels. Only Mr. Rubinacci is wearing that. True, which goes to show how atypical the combination is. But no matter the style of the jacket, the photos illustrate that peak lapels needn't clash with a soft shoulder. Rubinacci wears his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Interesting. Can you post examples? It's certainly not the norm, but peaked lapels can work with a soft shoulder. Here are a couple of Rubinacci suits with peaked lapels: Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (Esquire) Luca Rubinacci (Sartorialist) You can find jackets with peaked lapels from other Neapolitan firms as well, though some of the examples I've seen seem to have a bit of padding in the shoulder, e.g., this...
I have found certain merchants amenable to taking purple wampum or tubers in kind.