or Connect

Posts by fanofmafoofan

Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS As for the Foofâ„¢, I like it up to the mid section. The shoulders post Foofâ„¢ are unnaturally wide. +1. I usually think Foofed jackets end up with the shoulders too wide, and that's the case here. The lower buttoning point is the key change, and the shorter length looks better too. As for the un-Foofed versions, I voted for B based on the overall silhouette. I like C's shoulders better.
Quote: Originally Posted by blynch anyone know if these are the same trees as the ones previously sold at costco (unbranded Epics?). They are pretty cheap, ~$12/pair I've managed to buy about a dozen pairs of these off eBay for under $8 apiece, including shipping direct from China. The trees labeled "size 8-11" fit my 9US shoes about perfectly"”tight, but not too tight.
The fabric looks nice. The shoulders look a bit too wide to me. Take the armholes up quite a bit. You want to aim for sleeves such that the cuffs end at your thumb's first joint at the butt of your hand—they should be made a bit longer to account for shrinkage on washing and wrinkling at the elbow.
Quote: Originally Posted by fanofmafoofan A quick survey: should the shoulder seam end before it starts to fall down the arm, or should it in fact fall off the shoulder just a bit? The best appointed in the WAYWRN thread are generally jacketed"”will someone who believes he has a particularly well fitting shirt (at least in the shoulders) please post a photo showing where the end of the shoulder seam should fall? Surely someone can relate the...
Where does spread end and cutaway begin? Exhibit A Exhibit B Exhibit C Exhibit D Exhibit E My apologies for the abomination of a knot on the last one. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy It seems like the shoulders ... need another inch ... Quote: Originally Posted by ramuman The shoulders are ... short ... Quote: Originally Posted by Falstaff Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like you need more than an inch on the shoulders--probably more like two. Quote: Originally Posted by columbia92 I think it is...
If you're looking for a pair of boots, get the Clarks. They're not as slim as they look in the advertising photos—they have thick, heavy crêpe soles, and a broad, plodding cut. They also run between a half and full size bigger than most shoes, so size down. If you want something you can wear instead of blüchers, get the chukkas from Loake or Grenson or Tricker's. I suggest the Clarks if you want something to wear with jeans when you'd otherwise wear sneakers or...
Here are a bunch. Those look like the pair I just bought from Lafont, but the bridge looks wider.
Thanks, Cravate, I'll break out the iron and give it another try. In the photo it looks like it's folded over at the top, back to front, to create the "tunnel" near the lapel. My puff folds always look more like, well, a wadded handkerchief than a nice billowy triangle.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 August 18, 2009 What fold is this, on the pocket-square? I've admired the look in other photos but haven't figured out the best way to replicate it. ...