or Connect

Posts by boogaboogabooga

Sorry about the misleading grammar.
Just wondering where you folks who get the occasional odd dress shirt get them. Also, if you have any and have pics, post them. By all means. Let that freak flag fly.
Quote: Originally Posted by ginlimetonic i am not knowledgable as fish ball or luk cha, but it is near impossible to order a shoe without a fitting. If the shoe maker is familiar with your feet he might be able to. The whole point of a made-to-measure shoe is it is made specially for your feet and according to your specifications. And luckily Zee's is (relatively) cheap. FOr any other shoe maker e.g. G&G, you would be insane to pay for bespoke...
I've never worn bespoke shoes, but this is making me consider. That said, I have no intentions of going to Hong Kong for a fitting, as much as I'd like to. Would it be practical or even possible to order a pair of shoes without a fitting? Also, I've read the posts and it seems like you folks are really knowledgeable when it comes to construction. Where and how did you guys learn your stuff?
Quote: Originally Posted by jefferyd Click Here Very cool. If you don't mind me asking, how expensive is the learning curve vs. buying a MTM?
Quote: Originally Posted by jefferyd Yes Care to post?
Quote: Originally Posted by JeremyBristol I would like to ask the starter of the thread, what exactly he/she wants to know .. You know... I'm not really sure. If I had to answer I'd say I'm interested in the constructional aspects of suiting. Namely, what is the what on the suit and how does that what contribute to the suits overall look/performance. Also, although I'm sure there would be some accompanying debate, I'd be interested in the...
Great suggestions. Especially the forum. Any of you guys ever make anything?
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcus Brody Oops, there was supposed to be a "don't" in my first sentence. That's why it didn't make sense with the rest of the post. Editing now. Marcus, as a rider what sort of leather jackets are you into? I've been thinking of picking out a Schott cafe racer to pinch my pennies together for. The Jean Shop people make a great leather jacket but it's a little too spendy for me. Any suggestions?
Quote: Originally Posted by k4ppah This part is debatable. You sir, are correct.