or Connect

Posts by mulder

Quote: Originally Posted by Wilfried To take the glass half full view, even so, if the cash back and price match thing still works, you're getting the bag at a damned good price, despite their best efforts. Correct and don't forget about free shipping. I believe that normally eBags shipping runs $17+ for regular ground. I actually got charged $16.95 when I ordered last week and two days later I receive an eBags email alerting me to their free...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 WTF! Just noticed that Sportco raised their price on the 257 to $225. I wonder if Filson and/or eBags contacted them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Filson reads this site. My point in all of this is to make it crystal clear that we are aware of what is going on where and with whom. I'm not joking when I said I want to hear about all the deals you guys find. For the record, here's what I ended up getting. It's the Filson 257 from eBags. It was originally $250. They pricematched SportCo for $184.97 (eBags just credited back my card the difference). Then...
Cool, I went ahead and ordered the 257 as well. All they had was the Desert Tan, which is fine. How soon did you guys get the Bing Cashback email alerting you that it was accepted? As for the price matching, I was able to open a chat window with the sales rep and he credited me back the full difference to the site in the link above. Thanks! Update: I answered my own question. There's good and somewhat bad news. The good news is that I received the Bing Cashback money in...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn PSA: Bing currently has 30% cashback for purchases with eBags which, as you would've guessed it, carries a decent selection of Filson bags. As a bonus, eBags also gives you $25 to spend on your next order. Click here, then find the link for eBags. So, a Filson 256 works out to be $136.5 before shipping. Not bad... If you visit eBags' website, they list Filson as an excluded brand from all coupons and...
I was just looking around at new bags again and came across these by Marc Jacobs? Does anyone know of their quality and/or have an opinion on them? Thanks! Canvas Hugo - This one reminds me of the Belstaff bags. $299 from Zappos. Sam IT Man - $275 from Zappos on sale.
I don't remember where I grabbed these pictures, otherwise I would give them proper credit. It might have been here or from a random Google search. I have them marked as a Filson 258 and the color appears to be Otter Green. Edited to add: I also found an Otter Green one for sale on ebay. I have no affiliation with the sale, but I knew people here wanted an Otter Green picture. Granted it's not the best, but hopefully it will give a good idea.
Question to anyone... Which Filson would fit this stuff comfortably and not feel like it's "too cramped" in the bag? 15-inch MacBook Pro (inside a WaterField sleevecase), 2-3 magazines, large Moleskine, a few pens, a small Rhodia notepad, MacBook Pro power brick, iPhone sync cord, a small book (or two), and other small random stuff. My inclination is to go with the 257, but if all this will fit in the 256 and not feel cramped, I might look at it instead. Thanks!
Add my wow to the list. Those price jumps are huge!
Argh, now I don't know what decision to make. LOL! I found a new Jack Spade Drill Nylon for about $150. It's very tempting, especially considering they go for $400 at Zappos. Decisons, decisions. Edited to add: I decided to not go for it. It was an Ebay sale. The more I thought about it, the more I like the look of the waxwear over the drill. It's a tough decision, but it's down to these three: - Jack Spade Waxwear Computer Field Bag - Filson 257 - Ernest Alexander...