or Connect

Posts by oscarthewild

Have seen an utterly clueless Mck team attempting to do their thing in one of my previous assignments. We worked in high tech and almost all problems demanded deep and rigorous understanding of the discipline. The amount of time and energy wasted on the pure fluff ideas of this mgt consulting team was insane and highly distractive. Real work needed to be done and immediately by those who could. The daily and sometimes twice daily powerpoint meetings were unbelievable. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD Wow. Is that Almaden?
This will change the flavour somewhat Cut onions in half slice them into very very thin half-rounds remove some of the fat from the stew and use that to fry these onions, it will take more fat than one expects. The onions will soften then start turning colour. This stage is critical, stir so that instead of burning, the colour transition from golden through caramel to deep rich brown. Once brown, remove with slotted spoon. drain as much oil as possible. then crush...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh ....... Anyway, does anyone know anything of Jewish-Muslim relationships prior to 1948? I can assure you, they were very different! And the point of this whole post was that IMO, Jews and Muslims had lived along side each other for 100s of years ( relatively peacefully ) till things changed probably forever. Sadly, there are those that think that Jews and Muslims never got along since the inception of Islam. I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Then maybe you stop saying that every non-Muslim on this board who agrees with your concerns is a bigot. Do not recall ever calling you a bigot. Do not think you are one either. but how is this? I will stop saying every non-muslim on this board who agrees with me is a bigot. I will stop saying every non-muslim on this board who agrees with me is a bigot. I will stop saying every non-muslim on this board...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Assuming this post is both true and meant seriously, I wonder why you can't see the disconnect between it and the ridiculous vitriol you routinely spit at anyone who raises doubts about the influence of radical Islam in our time. Maybe I am late to the party, but as you know, I have seen the destruction that radical islam has caused in closer proximity than most here. I am seeing the damage it is wrecking...
If Juan Williams is a bigot, then so are all the muslims who freak when boarding a plane with a large contingent of traditional (not trad) garb wearing young men. I liked NPR as sometimes it had decent stuff. With the decline of my yearning for learning, my visits there have decreased. Also I can find stuff on the internet to listen too. -
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Funny isn't it - people never ask, what happens if your child becomes a fundamentalist observer of your current religion. I'd shit a brick. That much I know. There are a few muslims I know who have that exact fear. The consider themselves moderate and their kids are turning uber wahabist/fringe radicalist. Not the kind of anguish I wish even on my worst enemy. The parents not knowing how far this will...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter dude, if my kids convert to Islam then Islam is not longer a threat to them, is it? I'm cool with that, as long as they are happy and not nutsy. I'd be just as unhappy if they became orthodox jews. Islam & not nutsy !!!! Is such a thing possible? Quote: Islam is not longer a threat to them Radical islam has killed many more muslims than it has killed the non-muslims. The...
Has been some time since one of the "conversion to islam" threads. Quote: Here are the similar threads we found: Thread\tThread Starter\tForum\tReplies\tLast Post converting to muslim\tthekunk07\tDumb Threads\t21\tAugust 31st, 2009 06:58 PM Salma Hayek marries Gucci Boss..why does his suit look frumpy?\tHolstein Bilter\tMen's Clothing\t26\tJune 28th, 2008 06:12 PM Cheney converts to Islam\tChristofuh\tCurrent Events, Power and Money\t1\tMarch...