or Connect

Posts by GrillinFool

Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Really, why do you fags care? Is he costing you money? Let him use his canned shit. I want his food. 'Fool send me some food please? Please?? It would seem that I am talking to the wrong crowd on this forum. It's almost not worth the static from the bitchers to bring my stuff here to those that want to see it. For those of you that want to see what I do, and not cry about it like I just slapped your dog...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Well, OK. Two reasons, I guess. First of all, I don't prefer to eat in a way that the meat is the "centerpiece." I really love excellent, well prepared vegetables of all sorts, like sauces, especially natural roasting juices, etc. I think I enjoy meat as a compliment to these things, or at least as a part of a whole more than I do a piece of meat plus some thoughtless vegetable or mashed food plus a canned, or badly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I've never thought this before, but honest question: should I start a little blog on my endeavors? Sorry for the minor threadjack but given how this thread is going seemed like a perfect spot to ask. Btw, GF, the venison looked good. Absolutely. If you are serious, I can give you some tips on how to get off the ground and what you need. Honestly, that's how I started. Myself and a handful of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 So you believe in quality ingredients, yet you use inferior ones because you can market them to a larger population? Sounds like cognitive dissonance to me. How about instead of perpetuating the unwholesome and unhealthy diet consumed by your target demographic, you set by example and influence your costumer to use fresh, whole ingredients? I think spreading the knowledge of the health benefits would be a much more...
Quote: Originally Posted by mharwitt essentially you are taking a stand against health and better flavor because McDonalds is popular. i've never heard someone so proudly describe their effort to lower the bar. No, I'm saying that the reality is that the health craze we see on the news is a good story, but not reality. That there are millions of people out there that are perfectly content with jarred garlic, dried rosemary, or whatever that...
I realize that the thought of grilling a brisket in these temps sounds a lot like a root canal without anesthesia. The high heat method (which is really a misnomer as the temps are 300-350, but high heat sounds better than medium heat) will allow you to do one of these in less than 6 hours, depending on the size of the brisket rather than starting in the middle of the night to serve by 3 the next day. Even six hours sounds like a lot considering it is 7 degrees where...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField I don't watch many cooking shows anymore, but I can guarantee you that Bobby Flay and all the other buff dudes with grilling shows that scream into the camera make their own sauce, and you all see them mincing garlic. I've been present at more TV demos than I can count, and have done many myself while in Paris and NYC. Spooning a key component out of a jar just wouldn't work. I get what your target audience is, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Keep doing what you do, 'fool. But get used to internet experts giving you shit when your methods don't get with their ideals. I'm having too much fun not to. I'm doing pretty well with pre-minced garlic, using a specialty pre-made sauce, and even dried herbs and powdered/granulated garlic - EEK!! People spend billions on this stuff every year, but I should ignore this fact and only use fresh? There may be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas meh, sfield was def. polite here but he has been much less than charitable in many cases in the past, to the same poster, so I can understand why he would get defensive. Frankly, GF has had an incredibly thick skin given how much shit is thrown his way in... every... single... thread. I'll admit that SField, has been more polite in this thread than just about any. Still taking subtle jabs, but not nearly...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Actually, Grilling Fool, I'm giving you some helpful advice. I spent a long time in the food industry. I can tell you that if you are trying to take your "brand" to the next level in this current economy and mode of thinking, using pre made sauces won't cut it. The food network types want to see you make your own stuff, which I'm sure you're more than capable of doing. Cutting up a clove of garlic should take no more...