or Connect

Posts by Bazzer

Apologies if this has already been asked. I did do a search on the thread, but couldn't find an answer., Do trousers and suits made by Modern Tailor need to be dry cleaned before you first wear it? Or do they just need to be pressed?
For the money, they seem pretty decent. I bought a few of them to wear to the office.
I have a church wedding tomorrow at midday and would like some opinions on which of these two shirt/tie combo to wear: Dark grey suit, light blue micro check shirt with navy pindot tie: Dark grey suit, white shirt with silver/gray striped tie: A bit off topic, but since it's going to be a hot day (35+ degrees celcius), I plan on changing into a different suit and shirt for the reception in the evening: Oxford grey suit, white shirt with blue/grey/white striped...
I am 5'3 and weigh around 112 pounds. My shoulders are about 16" end-to-end. I am trying to decide between 2.5" or 3". Since most ties these days are on the skinny side, i figure 2.5" might make it easier to buy ties, but who knows how trends will change. 3" ties seem harder to find. I assume it's because it's not a traditional width for ties. For those of you who are short and skinny, what lapel width have you gone with? Also, if what's your jacket length? For my...
Hmmm, maybe i need to convince myself to like tapered pants.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim Probably not what I had in mind, but funny nonetheless. I was thinking of something more like this: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.aspx?pid=1013083421
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel It's not the pants that make your legs look short. LOL. Point taken.
I must be the only person on this forum who dislikes the tapered leg look. Any predictions as to when this trend will die? That's all that they seem to sell at the shops these days. I am thin (117 pounds) and short (5'3). Pants with tapered hems only make my legs look short. Pair them with a pair of those pointy shoes that everyone likes to wear and it makes it look even worse. I must be old school, preferring the fitted straight or semi-bootcut look where the hem...
How about wearing it at the office? I often go to work wearing a pair of striped odd trousers with a shirt and nothing else. During winter, I might wear a car coat or rain coat on top. I never a suit jacket. I had no idea that it's a fashion faux pas. When I bought my striped trousers in 2005-2006, they seemed to be the in thing at the time.
Hi all, I am looking to get some office pants tailored, but not sure on what style and was hoping to get some opinions. I know slim-fitting pants with tapered leg openings are in trend, but they just don't work for me. I am basically looking for flat-fronts with leg openings that cover 2/3 of the shoe. I am short and skinny and don't want anything that will make my legs look even shorter. Do people still wear semi-bootcut pants? I don't want the pants to be too...