or Connect

Posts by twistoffat

Stating that you supported the fake industry which doesn´t respect copyright laws....that would be rude. I don´t believe you got your money back on the first fake and as you said yourself it quality way very disappointing. So you passed the rubbish on to someone else which means its all about the money and not about the product. There are a lot of things I cannot afford but I can appreciate them without having to buy a fake. I personally could never be happy knowing...
Frankly I thought it resembles a cow patty lying on a piece of metal. I was trying not to hurt feeling....whooops
Just one question. Why buy too fakes at just over 3 grand when HM are selling the real thing including Ottoman for 4800$. The fakes are worth very little on the used market whereas the HM will keep a large part of its current value.
Not feeling it
My new dining table arrived yesterday. A Nuur from Aper by Simon Pengelly. I got it with chome legs and frame but with the same red top as here. Very minimalistic but I´m also very happy with it. Always worry odering something I haven´t seen in the flesh.
I wholeheartedly agree that the rarity of materials are driving the price somewhat, however a bullish market drives it even more. Yes some old woods are hard to come by and yes they even often have to have a certificate of authenticity but its the same as the car prices. Why are some classic cars double the price now they were just 5 years ago. Yes they don´t make them any more but they certainly are not any rarer that five years ago. Investors are driving prices. With...
There may be a god but theres definitely no accounting for taste
As Mies van der Rohe said "Less is more". Sometime the high prices son´t reflect the material that goes in. Just look at Porsche car Club Sport or RS models. Take the standard car...remove some of the extra trappings and charge more for it. All those models have gone up in price too. Combine that with a name and hey presto...desire drives price.
To be honest I think its a nice piece but like any object of furniture it depends on what setting you are going to put it into. Put it in a nice large bathroom with lots of light with a white Vase on it...great. Put it in a smaller bedroom with non matching furniture....not so great. I still like it though. Don´t worry about the lack of legs....less room for dust to collect.
Lots 40 to 42 are just completely off the wall(excuse the pun) I made shelves like that when I was a student with little money. Am I missing something or does the estimated price include the wall the shelves are attached to.