or Connect

Posts by twistoffat

That will be interesting. I either love or despise Newsons stuff, it always seems to be a hit or miss for me. I loved the cooking range he did for Smeg.
I´m sorry but I don´t think you are taking a stand(apart from maybe against Rove´s customer service). The thread possibly deduces that a supplier like Hermann Miller would not havethese problems. As holder of the license to produce the products as well as the higher price charged, one would expect a much superior customer service. If Rove were able to deliver like HermannMiller then I´m sure the original question posed at the start would have a different answer. By buying...

Very true but to say you don´t care about their motives doesn´t mean that any company may behave as they like. Edmund Burke said "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." If we all take the attitude that its just the was of the world and nobody takes a stand then nothing will ever change for the better. The problem with the world today is that money is for many the only motivational factor and passion for something has been forgotten.
You´ll find many suppliers for Rinaldi´s Sapien shelves on the net. I suppose the main thing that distinguishes the original is the solid base and the solid one piece narrow spine when looked at side on. Many reproductions try using cheap folded metal for slotting the shelves into.(probably to save on cost while still offering stability). Considering the cost of the originals relatively speaking not much more than the replicas just make sure it is an original and you...
“The moment there is suspicion about a person's motives, everything he does becomes tainted.”
I could never get my head around him having that title. Oscar Niemeyer who was 20 years his senior will always be my Brazilian modernist.
Maybe they are aware of this thread and worried about you expressing your dissatisfaction for all to read
Indeed but 46 pages later
Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? The answer seems to be a resounding "No". The copies are what they are.....a compromise on quality with no real after sales service