or Connect

Posts by twistoffat

Nonsense. It doesn´t effect price. Its the people who don´t have the means who buy the fakes. Wheter it be an LV bag or an Eames Chair. Many believe you need to have the bag or chair to be cool. Victims of marketing rather than appreciators of handwork. A fake is a fake and doesn´t have the same quality and hence shouldn´t have the same price. I myself will admit that an Eames Chair is overpriced for what it is. If however I had money to burn then maybe I´d say what the...
Maybe both are relaxing
Did you sit on it or smoke it?
True. Also when something starts to get too common its looses its appeal somewhat. It starts to blend in to a point where you don´t notice it anymore.
If intellectual property is not to be respected then many of the product innovations we have, whether in the fields of furniture or medicine might otherwise not have been created.Where I might agree that an Eames Chair is overpriced , I also respect that Vitra and Herman Miller have a staff to pay and also need funds to create the Eames Chairs of tomorrow. I don´t see the companies making fakes being creative and offering us innovative new products thus creating employment...
Don´t hate it but read about this recently that Gehry argued with everybody involved. The lattice and glass windows and the use of wood as a whole were concerns in relation to strength and weight. Gehry had insisted on wood as a traditional material in sailing. Each to his own, whatever floats your boat.
Stating that you supported the fake industry which doesn´t respect copyright laws....that would be rude. I don´t believe you got your money back on the first fake and as you said yourself it quality way very disappointing. So you passed the rubbish on to someone else which means its all about the money and not about the product. There are a lot of things I cannot afford but I can appreciate them without having to buy a fake. I personally could never be happy knowing...
Frankly I thought it resembles a cow patty lying on a piece of metal. I was trying not to hurt feeling....whooops
Just one question. Why buy too fakes at just over 3 grand when HM are selling the real thing including Ottoman for 4800$. The fakes are worth very little on the used market whereas the HM will keep a large part of its current value.
Not feeling it