or Connect

Posts by oDD_LotS

Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Nothing about gardening could possible be white trash, unless you start planting Big Macs. I think this might be one of my favorite quotes I've seen in my years on this forum. I need to spend a couple hours this weekend and plan out our vegetables for the season. We plant three raised beds with a total of about 120 sq. ft., though I've thought about converting one of them to a cutting bed this year...
Quote: Originally Posted by jerms24k Aren't tomato vines poisonous? Apparently so. I hadn't heard that before, but a quick Google search confirms that parts of the tomato plant are, indeed, poisonous. One of the advantages of working from home: had a few emails to send and calls to make, so I'm on the back porch with a CAO America. Not sure which size, but it's relatively enormous. For some reason, it seems to be fairly dry, even though...
Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius Care to share nationality on this one? All behaviors were from white, American-born WV residents. While this was an engineering department, we were closer to inhouse designers. Edit: I should also mention this was a mixed gender group ranging from early 20's male to mid 50's grandmothers. And pretty much all of them were participants to the madness.
At my first job out of college, we we packed three to an office (less than 12 x 12 rooms) and there were a lot of "odd" habits. One guy had a habit of eating at least a couple of bananas EVERY morning in a fashion that sounded oddly like sloppy fellatio. Same guy came to work with a strong stomach flu every couple of months and would lie about how sick he was so he wouldn't be forced to go home. Another guy flossed his teeth at his desk after lunch every day. Another...
I'm pretty pissed about how completely unfair life can be to some people. I found out tonight (through the obits in the local paper) that a girl I went to high school with lost her infant daughter. She'd lost a son previously. She's less than 30 years old, had been pretty depressed last year about how her life had been going (living in the town we grew up in, didn't get along particularly wel with her adoptive parents from what I remember, working a job she hated) and...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet sorry to break this up if only there was a pm function anyway please nobody ever write a review like this: The initial puffs elicited a more spice-laden flavour profile than the pre-light aroma would have suggested. I sensed cardamom and a dash of white pepper... A buddy of mine (who is largely responsible for my love of cigars) used to run the local B&M in my hometown and would sometimes get these god-awful...
Man, you guys are killing it with the pictures! Tonight my wife made "sweet omelets", which has been one of her favorite snack/dinners for the past few months. Not sure if it's something that has a basis in any sort of cuisine or if she cobbled it together, but it's basically a thin egg white omelet stuffed with jelly and dusted with cinnamon. Tonight she did one with blackberry jelly and one with tomato jam. I thought she was high when she first told me about them,...
Had a long-ish (but not particularly stressful) day, and wasn't able to enjoy a smoke in the beautiful weather, but I had a little down time post-gym and decided to light up a smallish 1926 on the back porch. When I haven't had one of these in a little while, I convince myself that my love for Padron Anniversary series cigars is overblown, and that I've merely hyped up the experience. Then I smoke one, and I realize that they're way better than my memory had indicated. ...
Update on the VSG: tight draw required a little rolling/massage, but after that it opened up, and flavor became MUCH better as I smoked on. Still not up to the level of 64s, but a great smoke none the less.
Been eating mostly home cooked stuff this week (lots of comfort food to soothe a rough time in classes), but tonight seems like a good time to go out to dinner. It's a small town, and the great restaurants are limited, so I'm thinking either Italian, French/Southern American, or a more casual place downtown that does pseudo-rustic American stuff. All three are great, and haven't been to any in a few months (been tough to get reservations lately). Will update later.