or Connect

Posts by oDD_LotS

Had a few minutes before my wife was due home, so I dug through the humidor and decided to light up something I found. The band has fallen off, but it's absolutely delicious. It's a medium brown (on the light side of maduro) perfecto with a very narrow foot and head. I had thought Punch Champion, perhaps, but the foot looks a little narrower than I remember the Champion being. The flavor, however, is making me lean back towards Punch. Really, really good. Headed to...
Was in an odd mood after work, so I chased dinner with a tallboy of Miller High Life Light. Probably going to switch to bourbon and dry ginger after I finish a little reading for my Econ/Philosophy course tomorrow.
Found a Padron 1926 Maduro in my humidor that hadn't been damaged at some point (inexperience when I first started stocking up lead to quite a few damaged sticks) and decided to have it on the back porch with the rest of a Spanish red I picked up the other day. I have no doubt that the cigar has lost a little something during the times I neglected my humidor, but it has rehydrated beautifully and is smoking very well. The flavor isn't as forward as I'd remembered (due to...
It's days like this that make me wish for a slightly better sheltered place to smoke. As soon as I had I lit my Partagas Black Label on the back porch and settled in with a glass of wine, one of the worst thunderstorms we've had this month kicked up. Now I'm huddled in the corner of the porch, trying to enjoy a sufficient amount of my cigar and trying to keep the computer and my reading for tomorrow's class passably dry. Also, I just found out that there are holes in the...
Chateau rogue selection at Pies and Pints for my Dd's birthday. Pretty good, fairly hoppy.
Working on my first Eagle Rare 10 before heading out for dinner with the wife and a few friends. I picked this up on recommendation from some of the gentlemen here, and I'm really liking it. At first, the nose and flavor seemed a little too hot for my tastes, but I put it over a couple ice cubes and within 10 minutes it has softened up and mellowed out very nicely. It's got the sweetness that I want from a bourbon, but not sugary like some can taste. The scotch-like...
Quote: Originally Posted by ama X post [[SPOILER]] Holy shit. I hit the local liquor shop tonight to pick up: a couple bottles of Verget Du Sud Au Fin du Temps 2007 Evidence Grgich Hills Fume Blanc 2005 an off-dry riesling and some red blends the wine guy recommended Bottle of New Amsterdam gin Eagle Rare 10 Year Working on a bit of the Verget Du Sud, and it's great for the price. Excited to break into the rest soon.
You guys are killing me! Finals week and poor weather have kept me inside and away from the smokes this week. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and enjoy something or other. I've got a lot of great cigars in my humidor right now (though it's a little too heavy on both "special occasion" and dog rocket cigars, with less middle ground), but I've been wanting to try something new, either from our local B&M or online. Can I get some recommendations? I've always tended...
I've been meaning to pick up a few new things from the local liquor store, and tonight the stars finally aligned. I was able to find a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 Year and some inexpensive gin as well as half a dozen bottles of wine. Picked up a Grgich fume blanc that was on the clearance rack and a few new reds (various blends) the wine guy suggested. I'm currently having a glass of Verget Du Sud Au Fil du Temps. It's a funky little table wine I'd tried at a wine festival...
Three finals down, one (ghastly) exam to go. A moderate pour of Blanton's over a single sphere of ice.