or Connect

Posts by oDD_LotS

Ran by the local B&M for the first time in a LONG time (apparently it's been ~18 months, since they've totally remodeled since I was there last) and picked up a Fuente Hemingway, a 1964 of some type, and a largish regular Padron. Enjoying the Fuente outside my local Starbucks and hoping the rain holds out long enough for me to enjoy at least one more stick before I head home this evening.
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff I guess I'm unusual among the iGentry in that I like muddled fruit in the old fashioned. If I wanted bittered bourbon with a lemon peel I'd order it as such. The soda, however, is indefensible. Any watering down should be slight and due to the ice. Agree whole heartedly. I'm having a Delirium Nocturnum on the back porch while enjoying a Padron 1926. Beer's great, as always, but I'm a little bummed...
Found a Padron 1926 in the humidor that's smoking very well tonight (though the draw's a little loose). Trying to smoke a lot of the stuff that's been sitting in my humidor forever so that I can order a few boxes of my favorites. The main problem I've been having is that so many sticks were damaged in some way or another from before I had a good humidor (used to have a jar style that tended to bang up the cigars pretty badly). At least I'm starting to make a noticeable...
I couldn't pick just one, but I tend to gravitate towards: Dirty martini (gin, of course), a little heavier on the vermouth Bourbon Manhattan, splash of "juice" from the cherries Bourbon and Dry Ginger G&T Negroni Old Fashioned
Wrong season, but I grabbed a Rogue Mogul Madness Ale to enjoy on the backporch with a cigar. Really delicious, even if it's not exactly the refreshing brew I probably should have chosen given the heat.
Quote: Originally Posted by Axelman 17 Guy has the exact same reaction to every thing he eats on DDD. I wonder if the food at the places he visits are actually good. Has anyone been to some of them? Quote: Originally Posted by randallr I have been to Terry's Turf Club and it's very good. The place is packed everynight of the week. Terry's Turf Club is great! My wife and I made it out there a couple months...
After 4 hours of yard work I was too beat to enjoy anything all that pricy, so I grabbed a Cusano P1 from my humidor to relax with. I'd forgotten how good these are for the price. The B&M guy that got me into cigars about a decade ago was a HUGE Cusano fan, taking a chance on them when a lot of shops refused to carry them, and got me turned onto them. They're not the best cigars I've ever smoked, but this one's about 7x50 and only cost three bucks. They're perfect for...
I'm taking a summer Econ class which has me working through: The 5000 Year Leap A Conflict of Visions Atlas Shrugged Definitely not books I would have picked up of my own volition, but they've been very interesting reads. The class is only four weeks, so after next Friday I'll be free to work on some other books I've been saving.
I got around a grand or two in cash for high school graduation (helped to get some stuff I needed for college). College graduation, I don't remember getting much. A few cards, maybe a little money from family, a nice lunch with family after the commencement ceremony. I'll be graduating again in May of '12 (career change) with a more difficult and lucrative degree, and I expect that I will receive little to nothing. Probably going to pick myself up a great box of...
Having a delicious little perfecto I found in the bottom of my humidor with a double Eagle Rare 10 yr. on the rocks. Great way to end the work week.