or Connect

Posts by oDD_LotS

A lot of my smokes lately have been at festivals or while walking the dog, so Ive been sticking with a lot of Cusano level sticks. Took advantage of the first cool, non-thunder storm nights this evening to light up an LFD Double Ligero on the back porch with some good bourbon and my acoustic while the wife's working. About as strong as I'd remembered them, but much better flavor than I wa expecting. Probably not the stick I'd usually reach for while hanging out and messing...
Had a couple of non-Cuban Montecristos this week, a Padron Family Reserve, and an old Puros Indios while mowing the lawn. I'm graduating with my accounting degree (late 20's career change) this Saturday and plan to celebrate with a 2004 Camacho Liberty that's probably approaching the end of its truly enjoyable lifespan. The past year or so of heavier smoking has left my humidor much emptier than it's been in years, so I think I'm going to be taking part of my first...
Finished up 2 or 3 books in the past week, currently reading True Compass. I've decided to try the 50 book challenge this year, so I'm going to be digging deep in my library. Keynes is definitely on deck, hopefully before CPA exam prep starts in earnest.
Found out last night that I have today off of work, so I've been spending the morning finishing up some walnut carvings for family (sort of a tradition over the last few Christmases). Had to wait on some shellac to dry so I headed out back for a Fuente Hemingway Short Story. These things always give me fits when I first light them (can't keep em lit), but I love the flavor. Have a few pies to bake later, so I may turn to something a little more substantial while I wait...
Having a Padron 1964 imperial maduro at the better local B&M with a buddy. Picked up an obscene amount of single sticks for myself, a gift set of 1964s, and a few gifts for the wife.
Had a Montecristo Platinum Vintage 1999 tonight with a martini on the back porch. It's been hanging around in the humidor for years (I think I got it as part of a variety pack) and I was very pleased with it. I hadn't been super enthused about it, which is why it hung around for so long, but I could barely put it down. The construction was very nice, as I'd expected, and the flavor was great. It was much fuller flavored than I'd expected and had a fairly consistent...
Just finished Chuck Palahniuk's Tell All. Don't care what the reviews said, I really enjoyed it. Now that the semesters over, I'm going to finish up the last 20 or so pages of Atlas Shrugged and start on True Compass. I'm hoping to knock out at least 2-3 more books and a major library reorganization before next semester gets rolling.
Had a few cigars this week. A few Padron 1964s, an H Upmann H -2000 and (currently) a Cusano 18 maduro. Having this on a little break from studying for finals with a G&T and Chuck Palahnuik's Tell All. For the price, this Cusano holds up well against a lot f the more expensive and critically acclaimed things I smoke (exempting, of course, the Padron Anniversarios).
Purchasing my home was one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. In my area, I pay about 40% for my mortgage payment what the house next door rents for. Yes, I have occasional unforeseen costs, maintenance issues, and the expenses of a renovation/restoration but it has been entirely worth it. I'm finally at a place financially where I've been able to pawn off some of the less desirable jobs on professionals, which frees me up to take care of the things I enjoy...
Last full day of Advanced Accounting, decided to unwind with a small LFD double ligero and a glass of Vu Ja De's new offering Before heading inside for the only TV shows my wife and I actually keep up with. The cigar is a little tough to keep lit, probably due to its position in the humidor, but I'm hoping it improves. So far I haven't gotten the power these are somewhat notorious for, but the flavor seems to build constantly, so I'm holding out hope.