or Connect

Posts by Slickman

What is this obsession with tonik? Its not as good as the old stuff, and there are so many better warm-weather alternatives out there such as tropicals and frescos. Mohair also tends to be shiny, something I rather avoid.
Tchoy, how soft is that cloth?
Lesser's Navy Hopsack in the 16oz book has a nice finish, and it hangs like steel. Well worth it IMO. If you want patterns, go with Caccioppoli's books, it's very italian, but good cloths with nice hand. I know a lot of people don't like it, but the worsted alsport book from minnis has a few gunclubs in there and a worsted finish so it's much smoother than a very hairy tweed from WBill for example.
^ Charmin Ultrasoft, they say good things. No, but seriously why not any british cloths, their mills are some of the best in the business if not the best. That being said, Caccioppoli's jacketing book is great, although they are not a mill.
Ercoles does alterations, but he's a bit pricey, much better work though, if its an expensive OTR garment, I would take it there
^ not a fan of cotton for suits, get linen, tropical worsted or a fresco if you're looking for something lightweight
+1 to minnis 511, makes up as a great suit, also 513 if you want a dark grey
^ finmeresco is a great choice, much nicer hand than minnis, more colors as well
Oh if vass says they offer no8 then I'm sure they do, I know that in the past they only had 3 shell colors (black, bordeaux, antique cognac) which expanded with 3 more (cigar, saddle, whiskey). I guess i've just been outta the loop with all of vass's new leathers and stuff. Need me another vass injection to bring back the addiction.
Pretty sure vass only offers bordeaux not "no8" which is a alden color, I'm assuming horween dyes them all with slight variation and they tend to darken with time anyway