or Connect

Posts by Slickman

That is a great looking suit, I'd probably go for SB with the herringbone pattern
The midnight or the char blue? Post pics when it's done, been thinking of getting the midnight.
Those are as good as it gets
Really like the diamond weave you posted before, i don't have any, although I may get the oxford weave over the diamond
Yes, beautiful color, I'm having the LL version made up for this summer, if you cant get ur hands on the LL version get the smiths, its really nice cloth.
Believe it or not I have never made a flannel suit, only trousers. It is definitely on my list for next winter, I will probably make up the length of LL navy chalk I have sitting in the closet and a mid grey worsted flannel. The LL tweeds are nice, I like their shetlands and the original gun club they made with the red overcheck. Some of their stuff is too over the top for me, but some members of the LL seem to like making 3 piece tweed suitsI have the wheat fresco as...
All my suits are either traditional worsted or frescos, odd pants are in cavalry twill, flannel and fresco, odd jackets are tweed unless its navy. I think I'd get a mohair blend for a tux once I have one made up, but don't know when that will be. People say mohair is "crunchy" but I think it will wear pretty well in the heat, not that any jacket wears well in 80+ degree weather. I hope your suit turns out well
Wow, I dont have any mohair suits, I wonder how it will make up, is this your first?I agree with you, there really is no reason to source cloth that your tailor can get unless it's some closeout or special limited run or something your tailor can't get, in which case they usually encourage you to source it and bring it in.
So is anybody getting anything new made up for spring/summer?
Go direct, I don't know if wbill still sells direct since it was acquired by Harrisons, but I purchased linen directly from them in the past. I don't think Ray works there anymore, but if he does he's the man you should speak to, very honest and hard working. As for cacioppoli, if you use a traveling italian tailor, he/she will be able to source the cloth much cheaper than you ever will. Also, it doesn't hurt to order via your tailor in general, they usually source the...