or Connect

Posts by TonyThe Tailor

I'm late to the party but this one where the tailor in LA had a nervous breakdown on here was CLASSIC
We had a client one time that we made a sheath for to hold it in place. As a side note, my father said to my mother, "his wife didn't talk at all" to which my mother replied, "she probably has vocal chord damage".
Corbin makes a great 5 pocket flannel among other fabrics http://www.corbintrousers.com/collections/model-details.aspx?code=aw12-5pocket
If anyone is interested, I am preparing to write my OTR Samuelsohn Spring 13 order later this week and will be offering superb pricing on advanced orders of stock sizes. You will be able to pick the model of your choice and terms are 25% down with the balance due when delivered (January through April). Email me and I will email back the scanned swatches of suits and jackets.
A bespoke British Warm would run around $4K in Piacenza Baby Camelhair
Do you mean this: http://gladsonltd.com/lookbook/index.html This is a lookbook from Gladson Ltd. A fabric vendor.
S. Cohen
This was an alternate brand for 'Botany 500' by Daroff & Sons of Philadelphia, my father was a designer there during that time and I have the old patterns and specs which I use to make my own collection with.If there were 2 stores in a city, one carried Botany and the other WorstedTex. Daroff went belly up in the early 70's and the labels were sold off in bankruptcy.During this time they also made the suits for the television shows Bewitched and Get Smart.
Actually, this is false. A QUALITY store has a long-term interest in the client, and will also have a good tailor IN HOUSE. If a suit needs too many alterations, then it is the wrong model/size for you.Every day people bring me garments to my store (I do outside alterations also) that are the wrong size and/or model for them, yet they want me to work miracles and make it fit them like a custom garment, mostly because they bought it at "a good deal".My advice is to go to...
You can have it by using Southwick MTM in the Barberis 120s doeskin using the "Sutton" model