or Connect

Posts by ranker

Quote: Originally Posted by magogian12345 The ebay page for that shoe says the retail is $450 . . . Which I found strange as well. Should I be alarmed?
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover That wasn't a choice. I'd go with a spread, it is a little more formal looking then the point is. I was under the impression that point collars were the most formal according to Flusser.
Quote: Originally Posted by CYstyle I think there's an age gap on SF, I know some people are younger, in their 20's, but i find the majority of the people on SF, have decent jobs older and more established. So their wardrobes and taste may be different, They already have their own style, while most of the younger guys or new people are still testing the waters. Although you live in OC, and can afford LV shoes, I would say go for it. It's hard to say...
Quote: Originally Posted by Canal Directo Want sleek shoes? Have you looked at Gaziano & Girling? Much Much better quality and esthetics for the same pric range. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=129011 Where would I get these? I see some awesome designs!
Quote: Originally Posted by andyliu52 i like the archdale for the skull and crossbones and most bb shoes are quite sleek That looks nice as well. What's the estimated retail price of shoes like that?
Quote: Originally Posted by marin Tramezzas are excellent shoes -- handmade to high quality standards and IMHO attractive lasts. As others said, you may find a better price (either here, at SF outlets or on ebay) but perhaps not the right style/size Where are some of the outlets and what prices would one expect?
Are Tramezza's worth the money at $495? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380110969228 I've done a search on the forum and the only substantive threads appear to date back to 2006/2007. Are the quality of the shoes worth it at that price or can I do better? If it isn't worth it at that price what's the most you would pay for tramezza's for the price to be right?
Quote: Originally Posted by Canal Directo Would you buy, or even notice, those shoes if you didn't know they were LVs? Yes. I'm not label whore nor is there any "LV" tattooing on the shoes. They're just a very fashion forward design. I've been in the market for some brogue wingtips and don't mind paying a bit more than I usually do ($500's usually my limit). However, every wingtip from the more famed makers all look bulbous and clunky. ...
I'm also considering Peal wingtips and their monkstraps. How does their quality fare against other major makers on the market? Can someone give me a rough linear chart and organize it with some brands like: Gucci, Prada, CJ, Lobb, SF? Thanks.
I'm relatively new to these forums but I can already see that everyone here worships CJ, Lobb, Vass shoes. While I'm coming to understand that their handmade nature makes them the Bentleys of shoes, I find myself not really attracted to their looks. Please excuse my ignorance as I prefer more fashion forward shoes. Long story short. I'm interested in some LV brown wingtips from their new collection. However, before I invest in a pair of 800$ shoes I'd like to know...