or Connect

Posts by grayKyle

PM Sent.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smahatma Made to measure. I use a few different sources depending on what I need. I think that one is from tailorstore (.com) Any other made to measure sites/companies/etc you use? Also, do you do the 14 some odd measurement fields for the MtM shirts? I'm long overdue on getting photos of my recent TAT suit...girlfriend is always working when I get home from work, but I will take care of that this week...
Jkissi- You mentioned the denim is very hit or miss. I glanced at your blog, and the jeans in those pics are pretty tight. Are they topman or other? I'm specifically looking at their slim jeans due to their price and the ability to get them in a 30/36 or 30/34. Are they hit or miss in quality or sizing or some other factor? FWIW I called their customer service yesterday to inquire about items being out of stock, and a british guy picked up in about 4 seconds and was...
Quote: Originally Posted by hnlax kmw's are notoriously hard to fade. don't know if they're in your price range. i have a pair of rockers and didn't size down on them. i don't think they're all that slim (more straight in my opinion), but the reason i brought them up is because it seems like a non-fading pair of raw denim is what you're after the most, and these certainly fit that bill. stacking going on. hnlax- thanks for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigboy I know this is probably an odd question, but I'm looking for a pair of jeans that will retain ALL of their indigo color. Think of a new pair of APC NS that will not fade essentially, or any raw demin colored jeans that will not fade - they don't have to be raw, but have that brand new raw look. I'm in the same boat as bigboy. I'm looking for jeans that will not fade. I have some 514s, 30/32, but they are to...
I threw this in the pinned noob thread and figure it might receive some more traction here: I'm looking for new jeans and I need some recommendations. I'm 6' 150lb, 30" waist and I have a hell of a time finding jeans that "fit". It usually turns into buying jeans that don't really fit, but are "close enough". I used to wear girl jeans in college, because they were "skinny" or weren't super baggy and usually had plenty of length for my longer legs (plus they were...
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk ^APC New Cure or Crate Sally would fit you nicely. If you're willing to spend more, just talk to Kiya at Self Edge, Sam at Context, or Mauro at Farinelli's. They all know their shit. Anyway, I'm looking for some chunkier trad kind of knits for this winter. I'm thinking about one of these Aran sweaters, but don't know much about the fit. I'm also on the lookout for slim-ish, reasonably priced Fair Isle and Cowichan...
I'm looking for new jeans and I need some recommendations. I'm 6' 150lb, 30" waist and I have a hell of a time finding jeans that "fit". It usually turns into buying jeans that don't really fit, but are "close enough". I used to wear girl jeans in college, because they were "skinny" or weren't super baggy and usually had plenty of length for my longer legs (plus they were always on sale, so I could afford cheap jeans and beat the hell out of 'em and not give a...
I've recently become a brass fan. I ordered a few Charles Tyrwhitt shirts, and they threw in a pack of five sets or so, + the brass they drop in each shirt. Work like a charm and you can't beat the price, or lack there of.
Hail- This is my first post, and in a round-a-bout way Jason is responsible for me finding the forum, so I find it appropriate to make my first comment/post here. I'm a relatively thin guy who has a hard time finding clothes that "fit" properly. I'm 6' 150lbs and like clothes to fit closely. I was given a suit from Brooks Brothers about three years ago. The fabric and construction are great, but no amount of tailoring since has augmented it enough to where I feel...