or Connect

Posts by wogbog

I like this point about his writing. It's hard to pin down. He cuts out a lot but it's not the opposite of simple. Most of the time he doesn't talk about what's going on in characters heads, but then he drops a bomb like "He'd half meant to speak but those eyes had altered the world forever in the space of a heartbeat."I can relate to your problem with him because I only made it 50 pages into Suttree. I got a lot more out of Blood Meridian, No Country for Old Men and All...
it's so ugly but so easy
stitches looks like such a majestic champion in his suit fits
perfect username/post synergy I just bought Cities of the Plain but I'd like to reread The Crossing before diving into it. (Read All the Pretty Horses and The Crossing 5-6 years ago, reread Pretty Horses two years ago.) Haven't read enough of his earlier stuff to make statements about his career arc tho srry. Finished Deryni Rising, it was ok but also made me want to write my own stuff and that's a nice feeling. Not sure if I'll tackle the other two of the...
end of an era
mmoria + appealing shapes = holy cow
Finished Zadie Smith's White Teeth. It found a nice balance of covering serious issues while still being light, so I liked it all the way through although at times it was obvious she was beating a satirical drum. Now I'm already halfway through Katherine Kurtz' Deryni Rising.
I like the six holes more with the colour, but I also love zippers because they make boots easy to put on.
I have a pair of Christian L'enfant roi trousers that were called raw silk. Here's a closeup of the fabric from suspension point's tumblr:
brave squirrel