or Connect

Posts by michaeljkrell

Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira There has been a push towards African production (new frontier, I suppose) and I haven't seen any drop in quality in those pieces. Morocco and Tunisia seem to be the up-and-comers I had never heard of the country of Lesotho until I saw it on the tag of a t-shirt...
This is an interesting little read from BCG which basically says that within the next five years manufacturing will make a come back in the US, but just items that have modest production runs; clothing will still be made overseas for the foreseeable future. I still think there is a niche for more pattern-making, sample production, and small-run production manufacturers in the US... http://www.bcg.com/media/PressReleas...d=tcm:12-75973
Reduced...
Racks and racks and racks of obligation pieces, browns and blacks and grays and navys. Isn't that why you go to Gap? I guess I never had preconceived notions that Gap ever "dictated taste" in American fashion...
Quote: Originally Posted by coop86 There has to be a forum or place where you can higher independent programmers to build programs. Odesk and elance...
Quote: Originally Posted by KPO89 I have seen certain companies that offer app development but I am not sure how comprehensive this would be. Put up the project for bid on odesk or elance...
Updated and reduced...
Vaynerchuk's parting words before opening it up for Q&A: "Ideas are shit. Execution’s the game." This draws applause, but Vaynerchuk doesn't pause. He's, again, fired up. “The next time one of your friends rolls up on you and says, "Oh, crap, they stole my idea," punch them in the fucking mouth." http://www.siliconprairienews.com/20...orning-edition
You have to have some working model in place (minimum viable product/MVP) before you can start thinking about selling it to anyone... Quote: Originally Posted by oman i will say this: ideas are nice window-dressing for a product, but in no way can they replace the product itself clearly there are no absolutes when salesmen are involved, but i think the above statement is generalizable enough to be called, largely speaking, true
Reduced...