or Connect

Posts by michaeljkrell

So I did a second interview for a position on April 18th. It went very well and the individual said that he would get back to me no matter the decision. I hadn't heard anything and sent a follow-up/thank you email on May 5th. He immediately replied back, said he appreciated the sentiment and said that the position has kind of taken a back seat because they were major sponsors of a big event in town and he would get in touch with me as soon as the event finished which was...
The funny thing in the financial times article was that it mentioned how many people don't know the intricacies of the Russian accounting standards, so investors don't have all the information about Yandex.
Thank you, sir!
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington I have an IPO tomorrow for a little website I put together over the weekend. Our business model is that were going to get a lot of traffic and then generate some revenue and then innovate. Should be worth big bucks! Get it on the ground floor, fellas! If the IPO doesn't work out, Facebook will probably buy you, give you a million in stock, and kill your company...
Thoughts? I can't say I know much about the company... http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a3881da-8...#axzz1NIeBpEPo
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira There has been a push towards African production (new frontier, I suppose) and I haven't seen any drop in quality in those pieces. Morocco and Tunisia seem to be the up-and-comers I had never heard of the country of Lesotho until I saw it on the tag of a t-shirt...
This is an interesting little read from BCG which basically says that within the next five years manufacturing will make a come back in the US, but just items that have modest production runs; clothing will still be made overseas for the foreseeable future. I still think there is a niche for more pattern-making, sample production, and small-run production manufacturers in the US... http://www.bcg.com/media/PressReleas...d=tcm:12-75973
Reduced...
Racks and racks and racks of obligation pieces, browns and blacks and grays and navys. Isn't that why you go to Gap? I guess I never had preconceived notions that Gap ever "dictated taste" in American fashion...
Quote: Originally Posted by coop86 There has to be a forum or place where you can higher independent programmers to build programs. Odesk and elance...