or Connect

Posts by jrd617

1 tan pair sold, 1 still tan pair remaining Olive are remains
Receipt for the pants. Bought these for $280 and sunk an additional $30 into each for hemming At my price of $115 each, these are an excellent deal. They are sold out in size 34 currently on RL.com. (And if they were in stock, they'd cost $199) See link: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4175321 My receipt from a few months ago:
Up for sale are three two pairs of Polo Ralph Lauren pants. Both new-with-tags or new-without-tags. Size 34. Slim, flat front Preston" model. Made in Italy by Corneliani to very high standards. I prefer these pants to Incotex. Amazing construction. Selling these because I already have enough tan and olive pants. They've been hanging in my closet unworn for awhile. These are the ultimate pants to wear with sportcoats. Can wear them with a navy blazer or something more...
:DUp for sale is a new-without-tags tie from Sam Hober. It will come in the original plastic sleeve. NEVER worn. Selling as part of my closet cleaning because I own too many blue ties Sam Hober needs little introduction here. Excellent quality stuff. 58.5 x 3.35 inches It's made from Macclesfield silk. Works well with suits and sportcoats. Very versatile. The colors are this tie are midnight blue (background) with a blue and green "neat" pattern. This particular...
Up for sale is an incredible Ermenegildo Zegna mainline suit in size 40S. Full canvas construction. About as as Holy Grail as it gets by Styleforum standards. It has a 3-roll-2 button stance, a slim cut, and four season weight grey wool. Would make an excellent workhorse suit. Follow the eBay link for detailed information, measurements and pictures. You can make a purchase through the eBay website or directly from me through Paypal. Styleforum members get a 5% discount...
Up for sale is an incredible Ermenegildo Zegna mainline suit in size 42S. Full canvas construction. About as as Holy Grail as it gets by Styleforum standards. It has a 3-roll-2 button stance, a slim cut, and four season weight navy solid wool. Would make an excellent workhorse suit. Follow the eBay link for detailed information, measurements and pictures. You can make a purchase through the eBay website or directly from me through Paypal. Styleforum members get a 5%...
ALL SOLD
Well I sort of understand what Cappelli was saying now... it seems that bias IS preferable for ties. Springier and more wrinkle resistant that way? So I got it backwards. The original pictures I sent to Cappelli (A and C) WERE on the bias. When I rotated them 45 degrees, they became non-bias, and thus less preferable for a tie. At least that's what I gather from @Academic2's post and the Cappelli email text. Either, way I think those rust ties are great looking. I'd...
For reference, here's a year old thread where we talked about something similar http://www.styleforum.net/t/376427/a-study-in-necktie-geometry/0_50
Technical stuff aside, I prefer this. Is this how it could be made? Over this