Posts by jrd617

Butcher stripe shirt sold The 3 others remain
"Workhorse" to me means a sturdy English cloth with a dry hand that won't wear out easily. The Oyster line is famous for that (I think it's nicknamed the "Thistle" line because it's sturdy) The Lesser 13 is too No direct experience with Botany but I think it's similar Lumbs, definitely not.
I think the AC thing is a relevant consideration. Office buildings in the US can get downright freezing during the summer when the AC is cranked. It's enough to make you want to put on a jacket or sweater. From what I remember from UAE, it can be the same or worse.Maybe a helpful question would be to ask the OP how many hours he spends inside during the day? And how often does he travel outside during the day? Does he drive or walk to work? @Alan BeeIn the OP's original...
Have either of you traveled to Abu Dhabi or Dubai? I have been to both cities and every modern building (of which there are many) is kept cold with central air conditioning. Their vast malls are their national pasttime in a way, maybe because they provide refuge from the heat outside.Barcelona isn't a good comparison because continental Europe doesn't have anywhere near that level of air conditioning. They are usually window units, if anything.So if you're working mainly...
Up for sale is an incredible Corneliani for Polo Ralph Lauren sportcoat. Half canvas construction. Made in Italy. Follow the eBay links for detailed information, measurements and pictures. You can make a purchase through the eBay website or directly from me through Paypal. Styleforum members get a 5% discount if you make your purchase directly through Paypal, which is the method of payment that most sellers on this board use. Just send me a PM. $349 shipped CONUS I...
Up for sale is an incredible Polo Ralph Lauren sportcoat. Half canvas construction. Made in Italy. Follow the eBay links for detailed information, measurements and pictures. You can make a purchase through the eBay website or directly from me through Paypal. Styleforum members get a 5% discount if you make your purchase directly through Paypal, which is the method of payment that most sellers on this board use. Just send me a PM. $285 shipped CONUS I have excellent...
Scary --- this thread is 5 years old and I remember it: http://www.styleforum.net/t/310941/10-suit-wardrobe/0_50 Notice the many fresco suits
1. Why are you so set on flannel? I think that's a strange look for the Middle East 2. The 8/9 oz fresco is a staple here. Yes, it's more casual and has more texture than your generic worsted fabric, but no non-SF people will be able to tell the difference. Just do fresco. You will never look back. It is a very good fit for your climate. Promise. 3. If it's so hot in the summer in the Middle East, why are you so resistant to fresco?
If you plan on being indoors a lot, you could get away with 13 oz weights. I've been to that region and it seems everywhere is heavily air conditioned (malls, office buildings, restaurants, airports). Definitely look at the 8/9 oz fresco too. That stuff will allow you walk around outside in the heat at length Although flannel was originally a warm weather fabric, I think it would look strange in this day and age walking around Abu Dhabi. It evokes images of cold winters.
NWT $2395 Ermenegildo Zegna Sportcoat █ Grey Birdseye Cashmere Cotton 44L http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-2395-Ermenegildo-Zegna-Sportcoat-Grey-Birdseye-Cashmere-Cotton-44L-/351995783621? NWT $2195 Ermenegildo Zegna Sportcoat █ Forest Green Hopsack Tweed 100% Wool 46L http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-2195-Ermenegildo-Zegna-Sportcoat-Forest-Green-Hopsack-Tweed-100-Wool-46L-/351995791044? NWT $2295 Ermenegildo Zegna Sportcoat █ Blue w/ Check Wool Linen Silk True...