or Connect

Posts by jrd617

^ Very nice From Pat?
Laughed at the comment about eBay menswear bookmarks. Do any of these writers lurk here? Wouldn't surprise me. Their discussion of Trad, Goth Ninja, and Sprezzatura archetypes is something that would have only appeared on StyFo as a few years ago. I think most girls would have scratched their heads about this stuff in 2010. They could have collided with all this stuff on Tumblr and Instagram. Funny how this stuff fans outward from SF. A testament to @LA Guy's hard work...
Is that "wheat" colored Minnis fresco?
Few here in the fresco debate have distinguished between the different weights. As the weight goes up, so too does the scale/chunkiness of the fresco weave From the dozen or so Minnis swatches I have: 9-10 oz: This is the lightweight stuff everyone loves. Small weave. I would feel fine wearing a navy fresco blazer from a blazersuit (convenience travelling), but I would probably look to other weights or a hopsack if you want something in a different color 10-11 oz: ...
Paging member @GBR
Fit pic from another store in Canada I pulled off Google image search
Fit pic from another store in Canada I pulled off Google image search
Up for sale is a vintage Turnbull & Asser tie from my personal collection. It is in a brown silk weave. Looks similar to a grenadine until you examine it up close. I've been keeping it out of sentimentality and because of its uniqueness. But I have several brown woven ties, so this one is redundant. The silk and thin construction are very nice. Ties a nice knot, very similar to Cappelli. I picked it up at a pricey vintage shop for about $50 a few years ago. My loss is...
Up for sale is a pair of new-with-tags Eternal denim. Model 811. Size 34. Selvedge 14.5 oz denim with a deerskin leather patch. Eternal needs little introduction here. One of the most highly regarded Japanese denim brands. I purchased these for $275 +8.875% sales tax from Blue In Green in-person at the NYC store on Greene Street. They were hemmed at 31.75 inches inseam by the store.I never wore them and have enough pairs of denim. This is a great model of jeans, I just...