or Connect

Posts by jrd617

Regis 2.0? As of late, Keith Olberman has been going crazy with patterns and monochrome colors. Terrible.Judging by the Milanese buttonholes, huge peak lapels, loud fabrics, and strong shoulders, the suits are Tom Ford? Shame he doesn't know how to wear them properly
Gorge is on the low side, you're right.I'd date that jacket to the 1990sWidth isn't bad
^ Green and olive too
What is it with you guys and boots? I say that affectionately I'm not a boot guy either. I'm looking for a derby. I only like to have shoes up to my mid calf in severe weather See my post on the last page
^ I'd be in for a whiskey shortwing, as mentioned on the last page Longwings ain't my thing. I don't like that long horizontal broguing that extends the length of the shoe. Looks better if it curves off at the front IMO
^ That one is a bit darker than the tan one Stevie Mac is wearing in the first picture I posted I don't think the lapels are dated at all. Very moderate proportions. I'd need to see it on a hanger for to be sure. Not sure about the gorge height
They're not very versatile for trouser combinations. And the colors are a little "loud"I generally fly under the radar in shades of tan, blue, navy, midnight, brown, dark green. That little extra shade of gold or red mixed in makes a big differenceAgreed. I think rust may be a better color for a tie.Indeed. Thought I'm considering buying the rust colored cloth in the 3rd picture just to mull things over. It's the LL shetland from several years ago. Have to find some...
Lots here: https://www.google.com/search?q=london+lounge+rust+shetland&biw=1440&bih=799&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Aa4bVLz7HI_CggSzrYH4DA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#tbm=isch&q=minnis+7704&imgdii=_
How do you all feel about jackets in gold and rust? (Checks, windowpane, plaids)I feel like I'd never reach for these in my closet
You got into the cloth cutting business, eh?