or Connect

Posts by Stoogey

Flip Flops: ...Because im Australian (But over here we also call them thongs..) =D
Yeah, i was thinking that as well, none of the kids at my school know jack all about fashion/style so i could wear my school uniform and they wouldnt even care. It's just that ive been getting more into dressing properly lately and needed an opinion as to what was right and wrong. I'm guessing i will be the only one out of a few there that will be dressing decently. Most kids my age i see these days rock up to formals with baggy/cheap/OTR/hired suits that are just...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenny By all means, if nothing better is on the market, go for the SABA, because "regular" cut suits tend to be baggier in all places, thus if you want to slim down, it will cost alot. Yeah, ive made up my mind, im returning the DJ on thursday. I'll be heading down to the CBD and have a browse around, if i cant find anything better then the SABA, then im settling for it. Plus theres abit more variety and choice at...
Do you know anywhere else i can look for a slim fitting suit (such as the SABA one) that wont break my bank? I've had a browse at ALL the mens stores (including DJ's and Myer) at 2 westfields already, all the suits were either standard chunky things (wide lapels etc) or just none my size (34-36ish). The only place i found the slim fitting suit was at SABA. I might also look into getting a regular suit thats my size and maybe taking it to an alteration place and getting...
This is the look i was going for, except with a black tie. http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...t_category_rn= I guess now that i think about it, it doesnt look too bad, but...it doesnt look right either. Not sure now...
Thanks for the replies guys, i guess its set, no Necktie + DJ. I might return the DJ, and go grab this http://www.saba.com.au/Mens/MENS/Suit
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenny First off, which store did you get the jacket? I've been wanting a cheap DJ. A DJ would not be appropriate for a "suit up" party, but I don't think anyone would notice, so go ahead. I would recommend against the skinny tie as a DJ is meant to be a departure from the business suit and tie, a bowtie is most "correct" and best compliments a DJ, also make sure its one that you tie yourself, not a clip-on. I...
Hey guys, Sydney boy here. New to the forums as well
Hi guys. Im new here, so be nice I just recently purchased a cheap Industrie dinner jacket (By cheap i mean $199au), i didnt require it to be anything fancy, ive got my school formal at the end of the year and also a 'suit up' themed party coming up soon. The jacket itself is a pretty simple 1 button shawl collar, the collar reaches about 5.5cm at its widest point. Was considering going to get it altered abit for a better fit (take in abit around the waist area and...