or Connect

Posts by perpetua

I'd love to find such a place, too. I've had bad experiences with J. Crew, though — their cashmere blends always pill on me after just a few wearings, and their sweaters share the extra-full fit of their shirts.
The fact that I'm resisting all these messages about the design and color being too informal might mean that I've already made up my mind... Still, I don't think this bag is so different than the ones in these fits, and they look amazing: (sorry to the WAYWRN folks whose photos I've appropriated) http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...9&d=1271472228 As for the color, I think it's not too different than the bag in these (masterful) looks: I grant that that bag is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas Hmm... The lighter coloured one is fine, but I just don't see it looking right with a dark navy suit, for example. Really? I was mentally analogizing to shoes, and I think tan shoes work fine with navy suits. I actually thought it was the gray spectrum that would be harder to square with a light-colored leather bag.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I prefer darker colors, but I'm not a fan of that design. Mind if I ask why not? I usually trust my eye for what looks good, but I'm new to leather bags. Is there another maker you'd recommend instead?
I'm thinking about a leather briefcase. Right now, I'm leaning most strongly toward Saddleback's new thin briefcase model. I'll be using it as a daily briefcase as a youngish lawyer in New York. My issue now is, what color should I get? I can't bring myself to carry a black one, so I've narrowed it down to or What do you think? On its own merits, I prefer the lighter, tobacco color -- I'm just concerned that it's not "professional" enough. As Manhattan goes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by suiturself You can actually choose between two types of pockets. This type (vertical) will have the flare whereas the other type (sliced) won't. Also, you can choose the fit. There's slim, normal and loose. I'm assuming this is slim. If not then yea it seems to be too tapered. With that said, you can measure your best fitting pants and submit those measurements. With that method I'm sure you can control how tapered they are....
My first trousers order just came in, and as promised here's a quick review and some photos. I'm happy overall. The fit is exactly like my favorite pair from Mabitex, so I think the people making their pants are just as skilled as those making their shirts. (That said, I think I might go for a slightly fuller cut on the next pair — although it's exactly what I ordered, I think the legs are tapered a bit too much now that I've been forced to stare at my fit photo for a...
Well, nine hours after submitting my trousers order, Moderntailor just emailed me to confirm my measurements. Based on the size of the hip, they suspected the back-rise and thigh were off. They were right on the back-rise (by 3 inches, oops...), but I got the same measure on the thigh. I used my best-fitting pair of pants (a cotton pair from Mabitex), which are slim but certainly not tight. Hopefully these'll work out...
Thanks for the code, worked fine for me. I just ordered a pair of cotton pants, which may make me the first such brave soul on SF. If there's interest, I'll post a review when they come in.
B&S. Pop 'em in an envelope; shipping will be negligible. You're welcome.