or Connect

Posts by perpetua

Quote: Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe If you are like me, you likely won't know what is going on in meetings anyways, and you don't draw attention to yourself with your attire. "Who's that kid who doesn't say anything in meetings, wearing $350 belts? Why are we paying XXX firm $200/hr for his services?" QFT.
Quote: Originally Posted by francisco_bt I'm a future analyst for a management consulting firm, aiming for a modern look. 1) I was thinking about getting some cordovan (the color, not $500 shoes) or burgundy shoes to go with a navy suit. Does the belt has to be the same color? Does black works ok with the navy suit? 2) Will a Ferregamo belt draw too much attention away from the suit, or give the impression of "trying too hard"? 3) Are spread...
Are there any coats on sale at the NYC store? My toggle coat's finally given out on me, and it seems like now's about the time that winter stuff might be on sale...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl get the black ones from ET Heh, thought about that, but his look to be sewn into the coat, so I doubt the leather would be salvageable after he removes them.
Let me jump on board this thread, if you don't mind. My jute cord hooks have been fraying all season, and I just lost my second button. I'm sick of them, and want to switch out the whole closure (each set of toggle button and hook/clasp/loop/whatever it's called). Anyone know where I could find toggle button and hook sets sold together for a bit less than the Gloverall kits? (I turned up this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Brown-Sharks-...item2560d962b9. The price is...
What do I wear with a light orange sweater? It was a J. Crew impulse buy. It's a light-weight v-neck in "heather persimmon," which looks slightly ligher than this (from eBay) in person: I tried a navy tweed sportcoat, but it just looked "contrived," for lack of a better word...
Thanks, all, for the guidance. Clearly my first instinct was not the right one. So can I just snip the little thread that holds the folded back together, then pull each loop back through with tweezers, then resew the back? Is this something I should trust myself to do, having never really sewn more than a few buttons?
Help! I love this navy grenadine tie I bought this summer from Paul at Chipp 2, but it's lately, mysteriously got a couple snags in it. I don't know how it happened; my best guess is that I did it myself while tying or untying it, since I've often got rough fingertips from playing guitar. At any rate, how should I fix it? The snags are each closed loops, so part of me thinks I should just open up the back and try to pull each one back in. I'm not sure if that's a...
Drop - come on, dudes, this is a nice heavy knit.
Price drop