or Connect

Posts by perpetua

Details: Paypal (or money order, I guess) only. Prices include shipping in the CONUS; anywhere else, just ask for a shipping quote. Rogues Gallery, sz. L (p2p 20", shoulder 17", sleeve 25", BOC length 29.5"). Great shirt. It's 100% cotton, but there's a lighter-weight blue lining that looks pretty cool when you've got your sleeves cuffed. $27. APC Original Standards, sz. 34 (actual waist 36.5", inseam 34.25") Still in great shape, fades juuuust starting to come in....
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! I've got three pairs of Mabitex trousers purchased from Daffy's around October-November last year. I had them hemmed and wore each pair a few times, but I quickly realized that they were a bit too big for me, so they've been in my closet since. These are slightly larger than the Mabitexes on Daffy's racks at the moment — for reference, I wear a 52 in the Mabis of last year but a 54 in the current cut. Still have the trademark flat front...
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseJB I got my suit in the mail last night. Took about 12 days total and two of those days were email correspondence since my measurements were off. The pants are about an inch too long but honestly that's my only complaint so I'm happy. This suit fits me like a goddamn glove. I've never had a suit really FIT and be comfortable at the same time. Feels half-canvassed. Buttons are cheap (but whatever it'll be a fun...
If you live somewhere that allows it, take a Saturday afternoon and try on a lot of suits, including as many brands listed here as you can. You'll find that you can get 90% there with exactly the right cut, but the rest — what really sets you apart — can't be bought off the rack. For that, you need exactly the right cut and a good tailor. (As for J. Crew, see if you can order that suit to try on and ship back if it doesn't work out. Unfortunately, they're infamous for...
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 blazer yes, suit no +1. And really only for a summery blazer, unless you're more confident than I.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nezero Most of the people who have posted in this thread as far as i know have been in shape but for those not so inshape will this a TaT suit work? Obviously something in the house cut may be too slip but will the conservative cut work out assuming proper measurements are taken? Yup. I'm not huge but not trim either, and I love how my TaT stuff makes me look.
*Subscribe* I've had good luck with the few Shipley & Halmos pieces I've tried on, but I'm not sure the quality's the same.
I seem to remember reading recently that WB has run a buy-one-get-one-free sale. (I'm referring to something separate from the standard buy-one-we'll-donate-one-free, though maybe the post I was reading was confused...). Anyone remember this sale happening, and have a prediction when it'll return?
Quote: Originally Posted by CYstyle 1) Cordovan colored shoes go much nicer with navy than black. I'm not a fan of black with navy, but you will see plenty of people doing it. Belt does NOT have to match, there's a lot of people under the impression that your belt must match your shoes. When I worked in retail, people would spend hours matching every belt with their shoes until they found the right shade, or more than likely didn't and then left the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe If you are like me, you likely won't know what is going on in meetings anyways, and you don't draw attention to yourself with your attire. "Who's that kid who doesn't say anything in meetings, wearing $350 belts? Why are we paying XXX firm $200/hr for his services?" QFT.