or Connect

Posts by Doxe

I'll take a power snatch over the clean and jerk any day.
Victor, You might want to look into getting some Olympic shoes instead of using your regular running shoes. The Nike Romaleos II are great and will help with your form and will prevent injuries to your ankles. Also, try to make sure you are using the correct type of bar that has at least a 10 needle point ball bearings. The bar should spin easily when you spin it. If you're just using the typical crappy bars that come in most gyms the weights will turn when you lift...
I was at Carmina in Paris last week. Prices were €310 to start going up to €340 with the cordovan at €495 to €550 for shoes. Have pica to post when I'm back in NA. In Florence and Rome this week. Maninna looks to start at €350. Will post pics when don't have to rely on apple iPod. Seeing Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome. Looking forward to rubiinacci's Rome store. But to be honest, I havent seen anything better than what is offered by Ed by way of Panta or Howard yount or...
I will be at the Paris store later this week and will take pics. Will also provide some info on pricing. The VAT refund for non-EU residents is another incentive to buy Carminas. A RTW endorsement by fritzl is also another reason to consider Carmina.
Length looks good. I think the robot pose is throwing off the sleeve pitch and the balance - you're standing too erect and your arms are pulled back. One trick my tailor uses is to ask me to walk around the shop and then come back to stand naturally. That way I'm not "at attention". Trying something similar might provide more accurate pics. Standing even a bit more erect than normal can cause the quarters to close in front, and for the sleeves to bunch. I think...
I invited the gentleman in the video over for drinks once...never again! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kC0VfWkAbQ&feature=share
My mother used to make my brother and I take our dirty clothes off outside after we'd been doing yardwork because she didn't want the house covered in grass clippings and dirt. We'd have to wash our hands with the garden hose if we were particularly filthy after pulling weeds. I used to find it demeaning. But I wasn't the one doing the vacuuming. Now, I'm thinking she was on to something and I'm going to do the same to my kids when they're old enough to do some manual...
My wife doesn't even like me storing my shoes in the bedroom closet because they've been worn outside. So all my shoes are stored in the hall closet by the front door. The more I think about it the more sense it makes. During parties I roll up the silk rug in the living room and put it in the spare bedroom. Normally I'm worried about people spilling things on the carpet. Especially red wine or anything with oil in it. But if I thought people were going to wear shoes...
Hmmm... I'm Canadian and it has always been a custom to take one's shoes off when entering the house. I've actually had several experiences where someone wearing shoes in the house ruined the carpet. The first instance was when I was still living with my parents. Our house was burgled and the police contsable who came to file the police report wore his shoes throughout our house. The officer had oil or grease on the soles of his shoes and soiled the carpet on the...
I've used Bulloch Tailors on Colborne Lane for 3 suits: 2 business suits and a tuxedo. Bulloch usually has a promotion in the fall and new year for suits - approx 1,500 (less if you buy more than one). The promotion is for fabrics they have in store. The advantage of this is you can drape the cloth over your shoulder to see what the colour looks like. I find it hard to pick cloths from a swatch book alone. The front of the house is a gentleman named Stan. The main...