or Connect

Posts by Contingency Plan

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful! Quote: Originally Posted by asdf For US value: IWD, IWS, IWN, IWW...and those are just the ishares options. For emerging markets, VWO is probably the cheapest but i didn't exactly shop around.
I'm looking to buy a few long term indices - specifically ones that tracks small, value US companies and emerging markets. Anyone know any? Edit: Passively managed!
^ Tru dat; I'm making bare returns on my bitcoin investments!
Actually looking for a long term hold: the recently announced N9 showcases their hardware chops, and the WP7 software tie in could bring them back to competitiveness. Current P/E of 8.53 aint too bad either. Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Please say you are considering SHORTING Nokia.... Or are you more like saying it's currently oversold and you are looking to make a quick in and out buck?
Considering Nokia - someone please tell me how crazy I am
sigh, this ban is such bullshit
Who cares about the HDI as long as fido gets his treats, amirite?? Quote: Originally Posted by imhotep "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated". - Mahatma Gandhi
So true - the Swiss get all the economic and trade benefits via EEC membership, but without the crippling bureaucracy and loss of sovereignty. So glad we still have Sterling. Quote: Originally Posted by Pantisocrat If the Eurozone was not created for economic reason, what good does it serve? Why would rich countries like Germany and France voluntarily elect themselves into this union? I've always admired the Swiss for their prophetic insight and...
Oxbridge undergrad? Quote: Originally Posted by Treen PPE (Politics, Philisophy, Economomics) BA, Philosophy MA and currently pursuing philosophy related PhD, although it seems to be taking forever.
If you encrypt the wallet file and store a copy on a USB drive somewhere, you're pretty secure. Quote: Originally Posted by dtmt Not even close. Someone steals your credit card number, the bank removes the fraudulent charges and sends you a new card. Someone steals your bitcoins, you're SOL.