or Connect

Posts by retozimmermann

The Riva last is best suited for plain toes and maybe the occasional wingtip, but always only if there is no toe-medallion. For example a Chukka on the Riva is nice, or a monk wothout any decoration in the toe area. In other cases go for the classic. :-)
The Riva last is best suited for plain toes and maybe the occasional wingtip, but always only if there is no toe-medallion. For example a Chukka on the Riva is nice, or a monk wothout any decoration in the toe area. In other cases go for the classic. :-)
Here we go with some pictures of the 580A on the Sailor Last: The Riva last and the classic last are really identical except for the little hump and Chisel of the Riva. The Sailor is, as has been said, quite a bit roomier in the forefoot. Hope these pictures help a bit. Personally I think the Classic last is still on top of the heap but there are very nice applications for the other lasts, too, although a bit more limited in use IMO. Cheers Reto
Bit under the water but will see to put up some pictures later today or tomorrow latest. Cheers, Reto
Haha, just had a look at the bespoke pair above. Funny how minds think alike. Same last choice despite not having seen this before. Well, I suppose it's not entirely surprising as the slightly wider last is just a better fit in this case than the comparatively sleek Classic last.
The bottom pair is actually what we have in stock Ready-to-Wear. Its not based on a bespoke shoe but rather on a similar model from JM Weston. There once was a similar model offered in a limited number through Leather Soul but this one is in a slightly darker shade and on the - in my opinion - better suiting sailor last. I initially wanted to have it with a Goyser welt instead of the Norvegese, but then gave this a try for once and it is certainly nothing to sneeze at...
No, it isn't. It's a regular grain leather with what I would call a medium-fine grain structure. The SC shrunken leathers have a much bigger texture pattern to them.You can see the shrunken leather here in the first picture on the lacing part of the shoes vs the INCA on the pair in the next picture below.CheersReto
Welcome to Seoul! Have you visited Samcheong-dong (Anguk Station, Line 3, then head north) already? You might find Garosugil interesting, too, which you can find near Sinsa Station. Or come visit us at www.zimmermannkim.com/en/shopinfo.php for a coffee on Saturday or from Tuesday next week. Have a nice weekend Reto
I'm a fan of the U last myself, it's just that for me it only looked great with the Double Monk in black, but of course this is all a question of preference. And probably my perception is slightly skewed because most U last double monks which I have seen have been Bordeaux. While it is a fabulous colour for this shoe, I've often found it "a bit too much" on the sleek U last. Monks are already special, then the red colour is special, and then the pointy last. It often felt...
Thought I'd post one of my personal favourites, the Double Monk. We've seen it done quite a lot on the U last, which to me really only looks good in black. The gold standard for this is still the F last. The Bordeaux Oxford is a classic almost, so I thought a bit of change might be nice. Navy blue. More than happy how that has turned out.