or Connect

Posts by LawrenceMD

you know what show is pretty awesome right now? Banshee (all episodes are available on demand if you have Cinemax). its basically a pulpy Hong Kong Cinema style crime drama (meaning heavy crime drama themes + elaborate action sequences) only its set in NYC and a rural Pennsylvania Amish Dutch Town named Banshee. its super light viewing, because its so tongue and cheek, the action sequences are pretty impressive, there's a ton of awesome female nudity (cinemax = ...
I met the real Patch Adams at a medical conference during med school back in the day. He was physically the virtual opposite (tall, thin, calm), pretty cool and actually had a photographic memory. Bringing up the movie was a sore topic for him though, because it turned into a "pitfalls about hollywood" stereotypical story where they changed his whole life story and "hollywood-ized" it. for instance the love interest in the movie doesn't exist and is actually his male...
my brother and his ex-wife were on one of those "we're going to renovate your living room!" HGTV reality shows back in the day (like a decade ago). eventually it made its way to the philippines cable networks and is still apparently in rotation until today. my brother and his ex wife will still get texts/emails/facebook questions asking if they are back together to their annoyance.
it always tickles me when I know I have a filipino call center agent helping me through something like billing or technical support for things like my cable/internet. I'll listen in the background to hear which specific region the call center is in (because the north and south have different main dialects to which I'm both fluent) then I'll start speaking in a full on Rhode Island accent for a while and out of nowhere mid sentence I'll speak totally in tagalog or cebuano...
apparently I'm really good at disc golf (having played only 4 months). I've played with local pros and serious amateur tournament players and they all remark that I've got a good game. I get the "jesus you've only been playing since April?!" from random pro/am players a lot. [[SPOILER]]
I've turned into one of those disc golf nerds. I've got the dedicated dorky disc golf back pack and everything now. I wanted to be the guy who shows up with 3 discs and rips up the course, but this "sport" is too much fun so I went all in on it.
you might have had a point a 15 years ago... but the one and done-s are a result of the NCAA's corrupt system rather than the nba's mantra. even super raw players like anthony davis have developed into awesome all around players (he's basically tim duncan 2.0 ).I don't know.. the spurs seem to be the perfect confluence of team play to me...for all the shit lebron brings upon himself he's essentially a throwback to larry bird, and magic johnson - two team first super duper...
get on a fucking bike and roll there dude! it takes like 20min to ride there and its all bike lane-ed the whole way!
^this sounds like a thinly veiled way of saying you don't want to visit a [still very] heavily latino/black urban area. maybe you need something from Home Depot though. Thats one of the weirdest locations of a huge Home Depot Store ever, but there's a huge assed one right on Dekalb.my wife and i would ride through bed-stuy almost every weekend on our bikes. the dekalb/lafeyette bike lane is basically a hipster highway shuttling people from...
I often play disc golf with these two 70y/o dudes. they will smoke around 2 joints, and play the course in about an hour (where normally it will take at least 1.5 to 2 hours) drinking no water or anything, totally beat my score, then they get into their cars (one vintage corvette, and a vintage camaro) and leave. watching them makes me ache for retirement and being old and crusty grandfather.