or Connect

Posts by LawrenceMD

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056
I remember when I was in Nashville and had this breakfast of sweet potato pancakes + glazed baked apple slices + pulled pork three straight days.... on the last day (I ate twice at the bar) the chef comes out and hands me my plate because the place was so damn busy that morning and he had a little twinkle in his eye as we made eye contact while smiling.you could say we almost had a real johnnycakes moment.
I had a parking ticket voided because I complained on facebook (It was a bogus parking ticket). totally random complaint on my facebook page and a friend, who's in the know, forwarded the complaint to his friend who works at the parking authority, who had it voided on the spot. I got facebooks PM's and everything. the squeakiest wheel yo!
a good roommate is like having a good wife. all through college and post grad I had this roommate who was the illegitimate son of a rich taipan (he had this ridiculous allowance from both sides of the family who used money as a way of showing affection) and we lived in some awesome assed apartments, split the bill on a cleaning lady/cook/ect. He always had a hot girlfriend and her friends around so in undergrad it was always easy to have fun/go out/get laid almost...
Smaller apt + awesome dog + regular dog walker + living alone > living with roommates Also having a dog + living alone = exponentially positively increases your dating potential I have pet insurance, truepanion, for my dogs. It's about $90 a month for both and my Boston ate glass as a puppy, needed x rays and treatment and I paid about $30 on a potential $3,500 bill. It sucks to have pet insurance but I figure it's the cost of owning a pet and treat it like a...
Dogs are wicked easy if you have some extra expendable income. I used to think dog walkers or doggie day care was a fucking joke, but can be a awesome because regular walkers/day care end up knowing your dog and can take them in when you go on vacation/business trips ect. When I was in Nashville for a week I arranged it where a dog walker would take my dog from the daycare to the park (on pack trail hikes). From there I could check up on the dogs on the day...
I can eat cheese and any dairy just fine, also I eat bread fine too. maybe I have a gluten allergy
sometime when I hit my early 30's eating pizza gives me the trots. [[SPOILER]]
yup. you can now go especially light with the regular bike (maybe even skirt the 12lbs range) and set up a robust disc brake system to get it in that 14.99lbs range. teams already add lead weights to their bikes just to get to the arbitrary weight minimum.I think what the UCI is afraid of eventually happening is having an electronic disc breaking system (like e-shifting), that'll essentially be ABS for bikes. It would be easy to do, since it already exists for...
^I get what you mean about overly complicated, especially with hydraulic systems. but from my experience the mechanical non hydraulic disc brakes (I've used the Avid BB5 and BB7 mechanical road brakes) are actually even more simple than regular pivot (and especially cantilever) breaks to set up and service.After learning how to do all the bike maintenance stuff myself over the past 5 years installing brakes (from my wife's single pivots on her early 80's era lotus to...