or Connect

Posts by LawrenceMD

Dice K had 24 Ks in his first 3 starts he looked to be the total package high 90's 4 seam fastball, a wicked awesome 2 seam FB (so much pedro-like movement)... and 5 other pitches he could throw for strikes. but then that motherfucker saw how much more power the MLB players had and he started to fucking nibble. it was all downhill from there (a lot of 120-150 pitch 5 inning performances where he'd purposely load the bases just to avoid throwing in the zone).
I had the luxury of moving from the brooklyn apartment to CT house when my wife was working overseas for two weeks. I hired movers to do everything and invited my friend down so we could just hang out, chill, and do a road trip with the time I saved using movers. It was glorious! I'm pissed off because a dear friend's mother just died and she was totally quiet about it. apparently she took almost 5 months off from work to take care of her ailing mother and didn't...
if you can be banned for being an asshole on SF......
disc golf is pretty fun. I promised myself only to play with this cheap kit of three discs (out of principle to not become a disc golf nerd) then tried out my friends nicer discs (which are heavier and harder and better) and got disk envy. the part that's making me happy: after playing I said goodbye to my disk dude bros and went for a trail run then saw a golden glimmer under some leaves. walking slowly up to it I carefully brushed the leaves aside to see excalibur: ...
an nba following the EPL model wouldn't have conferences or anything... it would just be one huge league and the top team with the most season wins would be the champion at the end of the year. it truly would probably mean that the bottom teams would be relegated to the D-league.
so you want re-seeding? it seems fair enough, but even after re-seeding there would rarely be upsets because thats the nature of NBA playoffs (especially with the introduction of 7 game series even in the 1st round). what if after re-seeding and playing the playoffs the finals match up ends up being Pacers vs Heat? the pacers sucked in the last month, but they did great against the western conference.
come on now... these things are cyclical. in the 80's it was only the rockets or lakers representing the western conference in the finals. seriously think about it... it was only the rockets and lakers reaching the finals out of the west in that whole decade. there was a time where the celtics had like a decade or more long run of no losses to teams like the Dallas mavericks and Sacramento kings.remember the bulls? they basically ran roughshod over the whole damn league...
did a long road trip from Pittsburg then Ohiopyle Pa and back to CT, with a little side trip to West Virginia along the way. its an interesting drive because of the elevation changes, and also because of how many states you pass through, PA, WV, MD, NJ, NY, then CT.highlights of trip: almost getting into a fist fight with a guy in a pickup truck at a gas station: [[SPOILER]] other than that though the trip was awesome. even did some river swimming/tubing at those rapids...
The Ohiopyle road is wicked fun to drive early Sunday morning in spring.
I can't believe it, but in the first time in my life I finally ate cereal according to the box's "serving suggestion" displayed on the box. [[SPOILER]]