or Connect

Posts by strazzaque

Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector How is Oz to US a step down? And why would you say this to Americans and then ask for help? I'm sorry tiecollector, I didn't mean to insult. I apologise to anyone unconditionally for any offence or condescension on my part. The step down I wrote was a reference to standard of living, and not meant to slap anyone, American or otherwise. My belief is that I enjoy higher standard of living in...
^My precious eyes!! Now I now know where Borat got his rodeo costume from. If your jest be true, I fear this way of dressing may be too 'local' for my taste- assimilate, not imitate.
G'day, The wife asked how I would feel about us moving to North Carolina. I am in Sydney, Australia, and am planning to join her in Boston later this year, so her question caught me off guard. I am hoping there are some locals from NC who can let me know a little bit about their state, such as employment prospects, earning potential (irrespective of industry) and cost (and standard) of living. As it is, I already feel I'm taking a step down going from Oz to the US,...
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked Okay, it's one game. I can recall one such instance for any renowned player off the top of my head. Easily. Roy Keane, Ireland v Holland- dragged them through 2 legged qualifier to get to World Cup. Compare line-ups, and see the difference 1 man can make. Stephen Gerrard- FA Cup final v West Ham, last year. Quote: Originally Posted by whacked This is so ridiculous it's not even worth...
Quote: Originally Posted by whacked And if Beck is so great, why didn't the England national team, where he never played out of position, perform better? Actually, Becks did play in the centre for awhile- twas during Sven Goran Eriksson's experiment with 451 tactics, and Beckham was depolyed as a 'quarterback' alongside Gerrard and Lampard, both of whom were meant to cover for his lack of pace and tackling, while he distributed hollywood...
University of New South Wales, undergraduate and Master's. If I could relive that time again I'd take up the scholarship to Brown on offer- at the time I felt I was included more for diversity than merit; and because the SAT seemed too easy. Then again, the mathematics I took for my Australian university entrance exams was years behind the curriculum in Singapore, where I'd been a struggling student (always was better at artistic and sporting...
This is the reason the Premiership has so many foreign players- English talent is vastly overpriced, and not in a way that is commensurate with their technical ability, either, for the English are among the least gifted in technique among European football nations.
Arghh... so close, yet so far. Fairfax is one of the few shoes I'd buy, from a maker that is actually respected on these boards. 129 is the cheapest I've ever seen them, from my time in the US last year, October 2006- Jan 07. All the best if you find that perfect pair for yourself.
Benayoun and Defoe, of Hammers and Spuds fame respectively, the latest to be linked. I hope this is smoke and 'bubbles' on the part of the former, and a half baked link re the latter. I say the press, and player agents are agitating for moves for their clients, in pursuit of the influx of money into premiership clubs post TV deal.