or Connect

Posts by strazzaque

Dinosaur Jr Coheed & Cambria Ivy Train Starsailor
G'day JB, I bought some suits from Decalo Fashion, which I was really pleased with. I bought off their eBay store, but they also have a website. I'd recommend checking both. I also keep an eye on some other eBay shops which are very cheap, but do not want to post too many links. PM me and I'll send those links your way. Cheers.
The Austrian trachten might be something you'd be interested in. I have one with a small brim, but it is not a pork pie. More like a short-brimmed fedora Sinatra would wear. Goorin make a lot of hats, including pork pies, if you're looking for a mass produced brand. I don't venture into high end, bespoke, MTM, milinery, so good luck with finding what you're after. ;]
Yay, have worn a cheap tie, solid beige, to match some shoes, for which I did not own a belt. It was only a casual look, though. I'd not try anything formal though, only jeans and beach-house party looks. Many are not daring enough to try something of their own accord without the approval of others, so if you try the formal 'do, please let me know how you went. ;] It can also be used as a belt for a trench coat, depending on how adventurous you are with...
You could try logging on to www.meetup.com and check out if there are any clubs in your area that share a similar interest.
G'day all, Bad day at the office. There are some moments I know we're going to concede- whenever I see O'Shea lurking near the death of a game at a set-piece, or in this case, the moment I saw Alonso knock Kaka over. It wasn't a dive- momentum made the fall look theatrical. It was a lucky goal, Stevie's 1-on-1 miss and the late goal killed it for us. Milan were not as good as many predicted, and Liverpool played much better than they are given credit for. United need...
G'day, I don't know which knot that is, but this site has many of them, so it might be fun to experiment with one of your expendable ties.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator a fact that will sink in when you get to Louis Boston, J. Press, Filene's Basement or even just Brooks Brothers (even though BB has really gone downhill over the years). I've been to Boston many times, but Louis is not one of my places. I love the Downtown Crossing FB, which is about to close for renovations. FB's in Newton is also good. The rest of the time I'm a confirmed Marshalls and TJ Maxx shopper....
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn I go low-end, high quantity; suits are from MW (gasp!) or KG. Shirts and shirt/tie combos are usually bought from ebay in lots. I've had both good and bad luck with that. True the quality on the shirts isn't great.... I'm a devoted eBayer myself, and like you, prefer low-price, high quantity. Instead of lots however, I like to get multiple shirts (2+) from a single seller where possible, preferably in...
Heyvryone, I am trying to organise a poll on wardrobe building practices, but instead of having one question with several options, I want at least 7 questions, each with their own options. Is this possible? The poll menu seems to indicate no, but I might not be looking into it deeply enough. These 7 questions ought to give people an idea of how people start building their wardrobes, what they start with or build around, what they base purchases on, what...