or Connect

Posts by Johnny Sneakers

Quote: Originally Posted by ClassyGuy1 Ok, so I've tried Diesel...I've tried 7 For All Mankind...I've tried Calvin Klein....now I'm ready to step it up in the jean department, so I'm wondering...What is the absolute best overall (quality, comfort, style, will give you the best chance of getting compliments from the ladies, etc) designer/brand of jeans for men? I've had a couple people tell me that, without a doubt, it's Real Japan Blues. Can anyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by zissou I'm paying about $30 for a tapering of sides and arms, and raising armholes on a LS buttondown, but only $15 for a SS buttondown. DOn't know if that's fair, though. Was quoted $13 for taking in sides, arms of a l/s buttondown. I would assume he is raising armholes as well, in order to make this happen. I wasn't super thrilled with the work my last tailor did, so I'm starting small with a thrifted buttondown....
I've been in the market for a card case. How much?
Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll What are some ideas for a coat that can handle a Michigan winter? I'd like to get something that's pretty durable and badass so I don't have to baby it. Preferably under $400, but $500-600 suggestions are appreciated also. (Obviously, cheaper=better.) Have you checked out Spiewak? They make pretty legit wool outerwear in an SF-approved style for cheap. I'm pretty sure it's imported (china) stuff but it looks...
Quote: Originally Posted by JakeTS86 Hey, this is my 1st post! I need help choosing some new jeans, as I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the number of jeans recommended on these forums. I'm quite slim so baggy jeans look bad on me, I prefer bootcut jeans which are fairly tight around the waist/ass. My current favourite pair are starting to fall to pieces after nearly 3 years of hard wear. They are Replay MV973 (see URL below), with 32" waist and...
Quote: Originally Posted by nakokoro Anyone have experience with Sebago Docksiders? How to do they compare to sperry ao in sizing? Was looking at this today: Battle of the Boat Shoe Trav seems good people, posts here sometimes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mwcurry Where in St. Louis is there an H&M? --- Any one have a boot suggestion for bad (consistently raining) weather? LL Bean boot is a classic. I'm looking for a slim basic cardigan in navy, black or charcoal, 5 or 6 button. Preferably a light merino or cashmere (but not gauzy and clingy) but I wouldn't say no to a 60/40 cotton cashmere. Price Range around $150, minimal ornamentation, a white tip or contrast...
Someone should berate me until I'm no longer hesitant to clear my expensive lame pre-washes from my closet.
Quote: Originally Posted by stylesmurf Just curious.. did your jacket have the two white buttons at chest level like in the picture? Mine didn't have them. Mine did not. I only bought online when they sold out of my size in the store (where it had originally caught my eye). The one in the store didn't either, I think. Regardless, I like it better this way. Those buttons look like big white nipples.
I used a gift card to pick up the jacket for $25 spent and I like it. Had been looking at it for a while. Wish I had gotten the Aqua Boardshorts too for $6 but w/e. I liked the shorts alright but eh nothing too special. Jacket was standout piece of the collection to me but I never saw the chambray.